• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

ACA 2016

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Okay, this is the new information.

ACA2016_banner_2_zpsxjlmrrp8.png

Last edited:

lkelly

Members
Checking on friends that live in the Cincy area for a free place to stay. Although the drive is a haul from Richmond, that could tip the scales.

Do they determine the location just a year out? Or have they planned further ahead?

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Generally the location of each convention is announced at the banquet at the previous convention. Clubs must put in applications to host the convention 2 years in advance. They are not planned out further than that, the best that I know.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Checking on friends that live in the Cincy area for a free place to stay. Although the drive is a haul from Richmond, that could tip the scales.

Do they determine the location just a year out? Or have they planned further ahead?

Rumor at this years convention was that Sacramento Ca was working on a bid for 2017
I think we were there in 2007

dogofwar

CCA Members
Date and hotel for the ACA 2016 changed:

Now July 7-10 and Marriott RiverCenter hotel near downtown Cincinnati in Covington, KY (across the bridge).

I guess the convention hotel went out of business...

Matt

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Date and hotel for the ACA 2016 changed:

Now July 7-10 and Marriott RiverCenter hotel near downtown Cincinnati in Covington, KY (across the bridge).

I guess the convention hotel went out of business...

Matt

Yeah,
I have not heard any details but this would be the 2nd time this has happened to that club when hosting the ACA.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
I have removed the banner from the top of the page for now. When I get the new one I will start it again.

Kind of glad the dates changed. I can make it now.

New baby coming on the 17th of July. Would have had to cancel my plans if it was the original date.

Andy

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
I don't know what happened but the first year I went they had to scramble for a new hotel.

The next time I went to Cincy for ACA one of the tour stops was closed for remodel when we pulled up.

Now they have another problem?
Feel sorry for Phil and the club. Its hard enough to put one on without having setbacks like that. Hope they are okay.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
A funny thing happened today...

I googled "ACAconvention" today to go check out something. Not reading what popped up as the first search response, I just click my way to the web site. I was a bit surprised when I was sent to the Adult Children of Alcoholics conventions site. There wasn't a cichlid to be found....

dogofwar

CCA Members
I giggle to myself pretty much daily when someone mentions the "ACA" (Affordable Care Act) at work... The flowerhorn people, I think, are trying to repeal and replace it. But with what? ;)

Matt

A funny thing happened today...

I googled "ACAconvention" today to go check out something. Not reading what popped up as the first search response, I just click my way to the web site. I was a bit surprised when I was sent to the Adult Children of Alcoholics conventions site. There wasn't a cichlid to be found....