• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Whats the craziest thing you've seen someone do while driving?

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
I've read a lot of comments about the craziness of drivers in our area. I have a long commute and now average over 30,000 miles of driving per year. I go through cars more often than girlfriends, driven everything from motorcycles to sports cars to trucks. I've been driving for 13 years (at least legally) and seen a lot of craziness in my time. I still say the out of state drivers are worse than we are (won't mention any states that start with Vir or New Jer) but may need another thread to debate.
Not too far back, a woman was photographed driving while talking on her cell phone and breast feeding an infant child. Recently Octomom was pulled over for speeding and talking on her cell phone with some of her kids in the car. I've seen some of the following while driving:

1. Watching movies on dashboard televisions.
2. Eating food with utensils.
3. Reading newspapers.
4. Applying makeup.
5. Shaving.
6. Cell phone texting.
7. Unmentionable acts of the pleasureable kind.

Whats the craziest thing you've seen someone doing?

Cartel

Members
Iv seen all of the above. Those pretty much sum it up. But one time I did see a lady driving with a little pet monkey (no idea what kind it was) it was really cool it was just sitting on her lap while she was driving. But at least it wasnt hindering her driving like all the things in your list do.

maddog10

Members
I have seen all the above as well, except for the monkey. I have seen #7 several times and even went a few miles out of my way following one car :jumpy:

F8LBITE

Members
I look around and it seems like everyone is talking on their phone. I hate talking on the phone while driving.

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
I have seen all the above as well, except for the monkey. I have seen #7 several times and even went a few miles out of my way following one car :jumpy:

I guess I kind of took the fire out of my own thread by listing all of the crazy possibilities. Maybe it should have been "Whats the craziest thing YOU'VE ever done while driving. Problem is, I don't think most people would have been honest. I'm guessing mad dog still would have said, "Followed a car for several miles out of my way to watch some amorous activities."

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
I've seen them all too. Now days to me the worst is the cell phone. Talking or texting it doesnt matter. I can follow a car down the road and pretty much tell you if they are on the phone or not. I do it too but darn.....
Heck. Two weeks ago I almost got hit two times on my bike. One woman pulled out in front of me and then saw me and threw here phone and stopped in front of me. I just got stopped before hitting her drivers door. Hard to stop a motorcycle that is manual drum brakes.
10 minutes later another car came across the double yellow line at me at about 40mph. I hit the grass edge of the road and she just kept talking on the phone while gradually getting back into her lane. When she went past me she was still about 2 feet into my lane. Phone in one hand and talking with her other hand. Guess she was steering with here knees. There were two people in the convertible and both were on the %#$# phone.
Back when I wore a uniform there were some good stories too. lol maybe later.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
lol now a days? I think ever since cars were invented :p

lol Mike... omg I can just see you...

:eek:

I had to read this one two times.
The first time I read it I heard in my head "Omg, Mike, I saw you following us."
Then I got the actual meaning.

Lively

Members
omg.. that would be so NOT funny Pat.

I don't think I could go to another meeting :lol:

Hubby getting baby down for a nap - about hurt myself not laughing out loud...

Is that an admission of guilt Ms. Sarah???

Oh, my tummy! So hard not to laugh!

maddog10

Members
To be honest, I have done #7. I even had a manual transmission truck at the time. I used to have all kinds of coordination. LOL!

Last edited:

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
To be hinest, I have done #7. I even had a manual transmission truck at the time. I used to have all kinds of coordination. LOL!

Seems like that would be tough. I usually like the small sports cars, but having something with a back seat is easier in a situation like that. I guess you can't drive from the back seat though if you want to have fun while driving.

I think that allowing Richard to operate a vehicle should be added to the list, though he seems to take his meds more often these days.

George

CCA Charter Member and person in charge of the we
I think that allowing Richard to operate a vehicle should be added to the list, though he seems to take his meds more often these days.
Uh-oh, another pick on my buddy Richard thread:lol:.

Cell phone use while driving is not ony legal in Virginia but sometimes I think it must be mandatory. I hate :angry3:cell phones period. No, I do not have one.

George