• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

FS/FREE CA & SA Cichlids PU Frederick MD

jonclark96

Past CCA President
So, my recent trip to the ACA convention has left me in a somewhat recurring situation in that I have more fish than I can comfortably house. I need to move out some stuff to make room for the new guys.

The following fish are FREE to club members, $15 each (or group) for non-members:

2 male Chocolate Cichlids (hypselecara temporalis). Both are around 8"

2 male geophagus sp. tapajos red heads. They beat the crap out of eachother, so if you already have a group or some lonely females, these are the fish for you. Both around 5".

1 female (I think) Blackbelt (veija maculacauda). Around 6".

1 group (4M, 2F) cryptoheros sp. Honduran Red Point hybrids. They are pretty fish, spawn all the time in my 180, and originally came from MonteSS about a year ago. The mother of this group is most likely a mixed HRP/Convict. Take it for what it is, but they are not pure HRP and shouldn't be sold as such. Males 4", females 2.5"

1 group paratheraps hybrids. I picked these up in the CCA auction last year as synspilum, but they don't appear to be so. Around 5".

2 keyhole cichlids (Cleithracara maronii). I suspect they are both males, around 4". They are in a tank with some more active south americans and aren't happy. Need a cool fish for your planted tank? Take these guys off my hands

I group of herichthys carpintis (3 females, I think). The largest is around 5", the other 2 are 3.5".

Let me know if you are interested. Pick up from my house in Frederick. I'd like to move these guys out before the picnic. I know it would be easy just to take them home with you if you come, but I don't know how much time I will have to net fish out of big tanks with a bunch of people at the house. Shoot me a PM if you are interested. I'd happily take some wild type swordtails in return if you have some to spare. Also looking for big powerheads that are in good shape.

Jon

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
They'd be happier in the 45. I have them in my 120 with krobia, acaras, and rainbows and they get bullied. Your 150 might be a little busy for them.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Hmmm. I could see them punking my discus... plus that tank is already pretty darn full.

Seeing as how I'm not sure how long it'll be before I get another large new world tank set up, I'll hold off for now, Jon. Thanks though.

I'd love to get the keyhole cichlids from you. I have a planted tank that is 75g and the only larger fish would be the angels. How do they do with small fish though like tetras and rasboras?

Arlene

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
I'd love to get the keyhole cichlids from you. I have a planted tank that is 75g and the only larger fish would be the angels. How do they do with small fish though like tetras and rasboras?

Arlene

I have a pair of keyholes in a planted 40b. The tank is full of serpae and lemon tetras and a trio of rasbora hets. The keyholes pay them no mind.

Sent from my DROIDX

freebyrd

Members
I would love to pick up the geophagus. I am heading to Pittsburgh Monday and Friday I'll be heading back to Richmond if you still have them next Friday I can swing by Frederick on my way home possibly. I could take the carpintis as well I've got 2 males around the same size.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

When do you want me to pick them up? I'd rather pick them up on a weekday morning since I'm in Reston and have my two boys with me and prefer not to be stuck in traffic. Or the weekend words for me too.

Arlene

jonclark96

Past CCA President
@ Freebyrd - Pick up on the 10th would work for me. I'm about 1.5 miles off 270, so its mostly on the way.

@ Arlene - I'll hold them for you until we can work things out. Mornings are tough for me (pesky work gets in the way). I'm thinking of taking the 10th off work to get ready for the picnic, so that may be a good day.

Unfortunately I can't do the 10th because my youngest is going to have sedated dental work starting at 10am that morning and won't be done until noon. After that, I have to keep a close eye on him, because they are really loopy after coming off the sedation.

Arlene