• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Don't call it a come back...

NYfan78

Members
Ok so maybe you can lol. I am sure only a few with remember me as I have been out of the scene for a couple years now. I left and did saltwater and just ran out of time with work and life as they require a lot of time. So i want to set up another Cichlid tank. I no live with my girl and her 3 year old daughter and know she would love the fish! I was thinking maybe a half cylinder tank or a 75-125 gal or something in the 4 foot long range. I want to go with the holey rock again and a lot more this time. Bottom substrate i had crushed coral not sure if that is the recommended substrate these days. As far as fish I think I may want to do Peacocks this time around, since I've never kept them and love the diff colors they all have and such. Probably go with 2 aqua clear 70 or 110 s I love how easy they are to maintain. Please fill me in on any equipment I should def d or what has changed. I cant wait to go shopping for a new tank and get this all started!

I see there are a lot more new sponsors, love it! What kind of a discount do we get at House of Tropicals?

Thanks in advance for the help! :D

Scott

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
I see there are a lot more new sponsors, love it! What kind of a discount do we get at House of Tropicals?

Thanks in advance for the help! :D

Scott

Whats up Scott? I remember you. The saltwater bug bites most people, but it really is a whole different level of maintenance.

If you renew your membership, HOT gives a 10% discount on fish if you have your membership card.

A 72 bowfront would be cool for a 4' display tank. You wouldn't need crushed coral as substrate if you have limestone (holey rock) in the tank, sand would be a fine substrate. 2 AC 70s or 110s should be adequate filtration if you keep up on water changes.

Are you looking to do an all male tank? Peacocks and small haps are a good choice for that size tank. A mixed mbuna tank would be good color/action too.

Hope to see you with a new setup soon.

NYfan78

Members
I would most likely do 2 AC 110s. Can't have too much filters. With an all male peacock tank am I gonna get a good color variation. All with my membership with I get 10% off tanks and supplies too? How much is the membership? What is a good place to find holey rock cheap cus I know his stuff is expensive! I am already getting excited lol!!

Sent from my HTC One using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

NYfan78

Members
What type of clean up crew could I keep with all male peacock tank?

Sent from my HTC One using MonsterAquariaNetwork App