• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Electric blue acara

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
Face looks acara rather than dempsey. Never seen or heard of these.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Briwike

Members
Me either that is why I picked up a trio and not too expensive only paid 40 a piece they are all around 2 in. Not very aggressive vet just chile fish. I am hoping for a trio one male two female.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

verbal

CCA Members
Is it this:

Electric%20Blue%20Ram.jpg

Or is the color more of a platinum.

BTW the picture is an electric blue ram. They are available from Frank Cowherd and you could get 4 pairs for that price :) We really are spoiled by some of the sources we have access to here.

Briwike

Members
I know what a platinum or blue ram is. Thanks. It is not a ram it's eyes have no tone of red the mouth is not the same and the dorsal fin is not the same. This is an Acara Cichlid with unusual coloration.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Hate doubters? The original post was asking if anyone had ever heard of them before, followed by some low grade pictures. Why would you ask the question if you didn't want the answer?

ErnieG

Members
Hate doubters? The original post was asking if anyone had ever heard of them before, followed by some low grade pictures. Why would you ask the question if you didn't want the answer?

If u read carefully he doesn't ask if his fish were EB acara, he asks if anyone heard of them or seen them. He already knew that the fish he had were EB acara, he was just looking for more info.

Eyebedam

Members
Awesome pick up... They seem to be making there way into the market slowly but surely.
They haven't made it into TN yet but I'm checking weekly because I'd like to snag some. Myself.

Briwike

Members
Update I have a pair and they have had wigglers for the last two days of my electric blue acara. If you don't believe that they are electric blue acara is look up in the latest magazine of tropical fish hobbyists and you will see that this is a new import

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1379683940.212665.jpg