• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Feedback on tank decoration

Digital

Members
Hi, folks!

Let me know, positive or negative, what you think about my setup.

Digital

Sent from my SCH-I545 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

uploadfromtaptalk1400980001369.jpg

Becca

Members
I like the big rocks - not my kind of tank, but for the kind of tank it is, I really like what you've done with it. I think the blue background was a good choice, too, because the rocks stand out better against that than they would against a black background.

I'd replace the flat sharper edged rocks with rounder river stone ones. Same shapes just the smooth rounded edge look. I've never done the river rock setup but this makes me want to try it. It looks very nice.

Sent from my SCH-S960L using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Digital

Members
Thanks for the feedback. The flat ones on the right will eventually become bases for caves I'm building with silicone and 1-2" mexican pebbles. I didnt do much planning on the left and found out making a vertical structure was much harder than I had imagined.

More feedback please!

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Looks good. I'd try to find some sort of decoration (large boulder, diftwood, plant) that takes up more vertical space in the tank. Put it off center in the tank.

F8LBITE

Members
Nice looking tank. I agree with Jonclark fish tend to hover around the top of the rocks so a nice tall piece of driftwood or rock structure may bring your fish out more.

Digital

Members
What do ya'll think of the new rocks on the left side? I personally like it a lot, and at $.15 a pound it is hard to beat!

uploadfromtaptalk1410045479096.jpg