• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Growing out Aulonocara sp "Jalo" Jalo Reef

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Back at The Big Fish Deal I purchased some Jalo's from the Dave's rare fish. preorder.
Something a little different.
These are little guys but a couple are already starting to show some color as they get to about 1.75 inches.

Dave has them marked as F2 rare so I figured I would try them out.

Little guy
IMG_1895_zpsn7nwjkh7.jpg

IMG_1894_zps4osx5vyx.jpg

Photo from Dave's site of what they will get to in another year or so.
Aulonocara%20sp%20Jalo%20Jalo%20Reef.jpg

Last edited:

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
I know he is not showing much yet but this way I can see where they came from when I do get a lot of color.

Plus this will give me info of when I originally got them if I need it 5 or 6 years down the road. Try that with facebook. LOL

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Yeah, I really did not need another type but wanted something different and I wanted to support Dave since he was coming up to the event.
Plus he got me with the "rare" LOL

Rasta Fish

Members
"Rare" is right when i look them up only the Placidochromis sp. "jalo" Jalo Reef
Shows up you don't see these guys anywhere
Any Pic of the Dad?

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
"Rare" is right when i look them up only the Placidochromis sp. "jalo" Jalo Reef
Shows up you don't see these guys anywhere
Any Pic of the Dad?

No, I bought them at and inch or so.
Only pic is the one he has on the sight which is from Ad.

CSnyder00

Bearded Wonder
Dave is an awesome guy to deal with and he carries a TON of fish. Glad to see some fish of his make it up here. I've done some ordering with him in the past (Ruby Green Haps, Luwino Reef Zebra Chilumba...) Good stuff.