• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Stoked!!! Uaru Spawn!

jonclark96

Past CCA President
I recently picked three uaru from Tropical Fish World (I had four but the little one didn't travel well). I came home tonight to see that two had paired off and laid some eggs on a piece of driftwood.

They are in my overstocked 120 (see my other thread for some of the current residents for sale) with some sevs and chocolates. I don't have much hope for any fry surviving, but I am super excited about the spawn.

I have some pics but I am having trouble uploading them.

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
You got a great pick-up just before we closed our doors for good. Thanks for providing them with a good home.

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Congrats John. Uaru are one of those species I would like to keep some day....

Dang... raise up some fry to an inch and I'll grab some from you. :happy0180:

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Thanks everyone. Too bad I left for a weeks vacation today. Maybe there will be some babies swimming around when I get back.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
They are still doing great. The first batch of eggs didn't make the weekend I was away. They laid another batch of eggs that were also quickly consumed. I have too many fish in the tank for any thing to survive too long.

They seem to be nesting again after a big water change yesterday. Maybe I'll try to snag the piece of driftwood they have claimed for their spawning spot and raise the fry artificially if they lay eggs again.