• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Weekend Plans

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Seems oftly quiet on the forum today. I'm guessing maybe people took a few extra days for the holiday weekend. Anybody doing anything interesting? I'll be going to New York for the weekend. No fish stores in the city that I know of, so I'll be happy to get back and see my fish.

Lively

Members
I'm busy cleaning - sister and fam are coming to visit. We'll probably do a cookout on Sunday since they'll head back to Richmond Monday morning. Nieces are looking forward to going to work for me... pond maint., of course! lol

F8LBITE

Members
Just laying low and probably BBQing some burgers and having a few cold ones. This is it, summer is over itll be jacket time in a few weeks. The bright side to that cool dense air is more horsepower :angry3::angry3::angry3:

Lively

Members
Tell ya what, i've thought about grabbing a jacket already - getting mightly cool up here at night.

longstocking

Members
We are going down to visit my dad down in NC...

Taking the boat out... doing a little jet skiing I'm sure. Fishing off his pier...

eating seafood and steak all weekend long....

Drinking wine :)

Life will be good!!!

I am gonna have a bbq at the house. I'll start smoking the salmon in the morning. should be ready by the afternoon. All the family will come by and have a good time.

maddog10

Members
I am driving up to Philly on Saturday, to photograph a Jiu-Jitsu tournament.
Cleaning up around the house the rest of the weekend.

TheWire

Members
say who? There are plenty of fishy shop in NYC :)

Here just a couple
1) New World Aquarium 204 E 38th St
2) 19633 Northern Blvd. Flushing, Pet Town USA
3) 212 Franklin Ave, Franklin Square ...not too far from Queens either

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Oh, ok, that was just an assumption. Besides, my girl wouldn't be too happy if I suggested visiting fish stores while I'm up there. We're also relying on public transportation, so if its not easily accessible, then I can't make it. I figure theres more in Queens, LI, so forth than in the city. I can go a weekend without seeing fish... I think

dogofwar

CCA Members
There are some amazing stores in northern jersey as well.

Not to rub it in ;)

Matt

Posted via mobile.capitalcichlids.org

TheWire

Members
Oh, ok, that was just an assumption. Besides, my girl wouldn't be too happy if I suggested visiting fish stores while I'm up there. We're also relying on public transportation, so if its not easily accessible, then I can't make it. I figure theres more in Queens, LI, so forth than in the city. I can go a weekend without seeing fish... I think

heehe I was messing with you...
2 of those 3 places, you can get there by subway

Tell your girl that you can have real good asian food in Queen, the 2nd China town in NYC...the one at lower Man is for tourist

fischfan13

Banned
<perk>

Did someone say NJ???

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] THE PET SHANTY
2507 U.S. Highway 22 - Scotch Plains, NJ 07076 (908) 889-8262

[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]ADAM'S PET SAFARI[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Chester ShopRite Mall Rt. 206, Chester, NJ 07930 (908) 879-8998
[/FONT]​
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]KAZIMIR'S PET SHOP
82 Anderson Avenue - Hackensack, NJ (201) 487-1161
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
SHARK AQUARIUM
245 Route 22 - Hillside, NJ (973) 923-3200
[/FONT]​
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] ABSOLUTELY FISH[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
1080 US Highway 46 - Clifton, NJ (973) 365-0200
[/FONT]
[/FONT]​

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Another one in NY:[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]NASSAU DISCUS
205 8th Street - Hicksville, NY (516) 939-0267

As for the Chinatown comment...
Absolutely. There is only one decent restaurant in Chinatown in The City, and that place is always filled with the Asians from the neighborhood...I know, I try to get in there when I am on Canal St.(restaurant is on Bayard St.)

Geez, if you are in the City and want the absolute greatest Italian Pastry Shoppe in the history of Gastronomy then go to 11th St between 1st and 2nd aves...Veniero's Pastry Shop. http://venierospastry.com/cafe.html
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]​

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Not much happing here.
Figure to finish putting the house back together after my little work in the living room and dining room. Need to paint and install some shoe molding.

Have to help someone move a hospital bed.

Need to clean some tanks since I have the speaker staying with me next week..
Maybe get a ride in on the BMW. Have not had it out of the shed in over a month again. Heck only had it out a few times this summer.

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
We are going down to visit my dad down in NC...

Taking the boat out... doing a little jet skiing I'm sure. Fishing off his pier...

eating seafood and steak all weekend long....

Drinking wine :)

Life will be good!!!

Surf and Turd...I mean Turf my Dark Empress. Interesting is the diet of the Darkside. Clouded we are with red meat...LOL!

I'll be NYC possibly, enjoying the Skyline from my penthouse apartment on the upper side of Manhattan. I'll be smoking a Cuban cigar and a glass of some fine wine,
[FONT=Verdana,arial,helvetica]Château Mouton Rothschild with some Caviar and salt n vinegar potato chips.;)

:jumpy:

RM
[/FONT]

jonclark96

Past CCA President
I took the family to the National Aquarium in Baltimore this weekend. It had been years since I had been, and I am happy to say that it is wonderful as ever. I could have spent all day watching the Amazon River tank. The severums and uaru in the tank are the size of frying pans. The best part was my son and I crouched over looking in the tank when all of a sudden one of the caiman in the tank decided it was time to take a breath. Neither of us had noticed it there before, and both jumped when it moved. They also have some of the most beautiful kribs that I have ever seen. I was temped to go out and get a pair when we got home!

The rest of the place is great, and the new(er) Australia exhibit was really nice.