• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Busy weekend!

Becca

Members
We spent Friday cooking and helping a friend retrieve her dog from Egypt (ok, from the airport, but the dog was flying in from Egypt), Saturday was our first child's first birthday party (turns out we cooked waaaaay too much food), and today is, of course, WATER CHANGE SUNDAY!!! (oh yeah, and football).

We did make it out to Tropical Lagoon to pick up some blackworms to go with our water changes. We actually found FEMALE Badis badis there, so I snagged a couple. The Aspidoras must've known the worms were coming, because they'd already deposited some new eggs by the time we got home. The blue pearl shrimp they share their tank with have really taken off, too. All sizes of shrimp in there.

Now the D. macs are putting on their courting colors, as are the N. aureocephalus I set up in the 20. It would be SO nice to actually get some baby fish this time around. I guess we'll find out whether the water changes and worms really put them in the mood, or just put them in the mood to make breakfast.

dogofwar

CCA Members
Sounds great!

Next time you're at Tropical Lagoon, please try to convince Steve that he needs to support AquaMania (Feb 28-Mar 2).

In addition to being a great way to support the club, including lots of his customers who are in CCA, it's a great opportunity to make hundreds of fish geeks in the area aware of his store.

Simply having a table at the Marketplace (~$30) and handing out coupons to the hundreds of local hobbyists who attend could bring many, many new customers to the store. A sponsorship and/or donation of some sort could do even more.

I spoke with him last year and he wasn't interested in supporting us. Maybe something coming from a regular customer would help change his mind.

Matt

Becca

Members
I'll try - I hardly ever actually see him there - just the staff. I think some of Joe's guys (Showcase) are working there now, and I saw Joe in there a few months ago, too. Honestly, the only person there who ever recognized me as a regular was Kevin!