• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

DAPHNIA AND FISH AVAILABLE DEC 2014

Frank Cowherd

Global Moderators
Staff member
FOR SALE: Daphnia and other live food cultures plus various fish

Can deliver to the the Christmas CCA party Saturday DECEMBER 13, 2014
All fish are home grown, tank raised.
Order in this thread, preferred, or PM me, please.

Daphnia $5 a bag
Microworm culture in a sandwich box $5
Microworm starter is free to any member, just ask for the microworm starter, that is enough of an old culture to start an new culture.
Vinegar eel culture in a sandwich box $5, great food for rainbow fry or any really small fry after the first couple days.
Paramecium, a quart of a going culture, $5 these are great first food for any really small fry like rainbows and annulatus.

Black banded sunfish $10 each or 6 for $50

MICROGEOPHAGUS RAMIREZI - Electric blue rams $20 a pair.
MICROGEOPHAGUS RAMIREZI - GERMAN BLUE RAMS $12 a pair.
MICROGEOPHAGUS RAMIREZI - Gold RAMS only have two males left, $5 each.

brochis splendins (The emerald green catfish) $5 each recently renamed Corydoras splendins

CORYDORAS 'BLACK' schultzei, $10 each or 6 for $50
Corydaras sterbai $8 each or 5 for $32

ALBINO corys 6 for $20 or $4 each
Corydoras panda 6 for $20 or $4 each
Corydoras paleatus 6 for $20 or $4 each
Or any six of the above 3 catfish for $20.

Regular adult brown BN $12 a pair
BN spotted or albino (around 2 to 3 inches) $5 each

Red velvet swordtails $3 each
Red wag platys $3 each
Blue red -tailed variatus $3 each

KOI angelfish $5 each
Silver angelfish $5 each
Black lace angelfish $5 each
Clown angelfish $7 each

Pseudotropheus demasoni, a CARES fish, best kept in a large group, 12 two to three inch young, $50, adult males $7 each, adult females $9 each

WAPOGA LASER RED RAINBOWFISH: young fish showing great color and ready to spawn $25 a pair.

All fish are home grown, tank raised.
Order in this thread, preferred, or PM me, please.

Frank Cowherd

Global Moderators
Staff member
Yes. The red velvet swordtails are adults. But if you want smaller ones, unsexable let me know.

chriscoli

Administrator
Can I get a bag of Daphnia, please?

Do you have any grindal worm cultures available? I think I lost mine in the move.

Frank Cowherd

Global Moderators
Staff member
Christine,
Will bring you a bag of daphnia.

I no longer culture grindals. I found them to be a lot of work to keep them going in a shoe box sized container. They are not so much effort in a Styrofoam fish-shipping box with potting soil as the substrate, about ten times the size of the shoe box and produce more worms that way. Jim Long in PVAS still has grindals. You could get some from him.

Tony,
The silver angelfish are adults.

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Thanks Frank!

I'll take 6. My 150 got ich and took a whooping...I lost a lot of fish out of there. The angels will love their new digs!

Becca

Members
Thanks for the info, Frank. I look forward to the daphnia....I'll contact Jim for the grindals.

I have a culture of grindals going strong. I can bring you some if you want to try to start your own. Mine is one of Frank's soiless-set-ups and I've had it going for over a year now.

Shoot me a text if you want a nice dollop of them.

Frank Cowherd

Global Moderators
Staff member
Also have a couple pairs of killies for sale:

Orangel australe $7 a pair
Rocket killies $6 a pair
Dwarf red gularis $10 a pair