• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

New Kid on the Block

Alex

Members
Excited to be here!! Recommended to join the Cichlid Association from my local fish store, here in Rockville, MD. Got back into owning an aquarium since I was a kid but went more exotic and specialized. This is my first Cichlid tank and am very excited.

I just stocked my 55g African Cichlid tank about 2 weeks ago with a variety of Malawi Peacocks. it's been quite a challenge in this first month. I've already treated for Ich and just returned one of my Kenyi that was struck with Velvet Disease. Luckily I'e treated the tank, increased the temp, added salt and performed a water change to ensure that the disease has not spread. So, we will now wait and see what happens for a few days before I start adding more fish.

I am looking for the following MD breeders of the species below and would love to hear if they would do well with my Peacocks:
1. Tropheus Moorii (Moliro, Cherry Spots; Ikola; Illangi)
2. Yellow Blaze Lithobates
3. Male Haplochromis Nyererei
4. Protomelas Fire Hap
5. Red Top Afra Likoma
6. Red Cap Lethrinops

Looking forward to learning more about this forum and the hobby of caring for Cichlids.