• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

PVAS Spring Auction - Wazupwidat?

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Not much buzz about this - is there a reason for that or is everyone just obsessing over the ECC auction this weekend?

mchambers

Former CCA member
Perhaps

Not much buzz about this - is there a reason for that or is everyone just obsessing over the ECC auction this weekend?
Maybe it has something to do with the Mason-Dixon line?

I've never been, but it sounds like a great auction.

mrkillie

Members

I think you mean the NEC auction this weekend. The ECC isn't until May 1st.

The PVAS auction is pretty good. Unfortunately I won't make the spring auction this year. But I will make plenty of others. Looking to go to Pittsburgh on 4/17, of course the ACLC on May 22, and maybe even the ECC in between. Also the AKA on Memorial Day weekend.

And I hear that there is something happening in July too. Hmmm

jonclark96

Past CCA President
PVAS is usually a pretty good time. The selection of fish is usually pretty wide, much more like the catfish convention than an all cichlid auction. There is also usually a pretty good selection of tanks and equipment. I'm planning on going even though I shouldn't be buying fish at this point...

Plenipotentiary-at-large
NEC, ECC, ACA, CCA, AIEEEE!

Yes, NEC. Temporarily snowed under by acronyms. Glad to hear it's a good one, makes it easier to bag the Photo Workshop even though it means I miss out on Madame Chairperson's fish room.

verbal

CCA Members

There should start to be a preview of all items(featured ones are already on the website) on Sunday or Monday. It will be on the auction website(mygroupauctions.com).

Is there anything in particular you are looking for?

Last edited:

longstocking

Members
Sam it's a good auction... you will love it. Many more items that you will be interested in. Cories, plants...etc. A lot of less aggressive fish.

I haven't been in a long time but I have been before... it always seems to be at a time I am already doing too many fishy functions or I would be there. In the next fewe weeks I think 7 of my weekends are taken up with fishy stuff.... doesn't make the boating hubby happy :lol: The boat is named, get this... Mistress Red :lol:

Plenipotentiary-at-large
In truth I couldn't imagine otherwise...

...unless t'were 'Dyesse Rouge'.

Here's to "fishy stuff" - sail on.

Plenipotentiary-at-large
corydoras super arcuatus

Is there anything in particular you are looking for?

These for openers - imagine them at 5" long (I have 3 such) and you might begin to get some idea of why I'd like a few more.

corydoras_superarcuatus.jpg

George

CCA Charter Member and person in charge of the we
I will be selling some pretty terrific fish in the PVAS auction. Regular Arcuatus and Weitzmani for two. The corys are mostly wild caught from Peru. Pevas Blue Apistos and F1 bristle noses. Ivory mystery snails and a bunch of plants. I have some big Amazon Swords, Crypt spiralis, And several more. The PVAS auctions are this area's best. I think I will bring my wild caught blood fins and maybe some sterbais. I suspect I will also bring striped and spotted Raphaels.

The PVAS auction is where to get some great fish and top dollar for your surplus and rejects. It is also a great way to spread the wealth. I am bringing some Pevas Blue Apistos to make a few bucks but also to establish them in the hobby. It feels good to see people get fish they lust after and help them out. Don't you agree?

George

PS. It doesn't sound good but I hope to see some of you there.

Sonny Disposition

Mistress Red? Get him into fish breeding and have him name a species variety after you. Tropheus moori "Longstockingus."

Sam it's a good auction... you will love it. Many more items that you will be interested in. Cories, plants...etc. A lot of less aggressive fish.

I haven't been in a long time but I have been before... it always seems to be at a time I am already doing too many fishy functions or I would be there. In the next fewe weeks I think 7 of my weekends are taken up with fishy stuff.... doesn't make the boating hubby happy :lol: The boat is named, get this... Mistress Red :lol:

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
These for openers - imagine them at 5" long (I have 3 such) and you might begin to get some idea of why I'd like a few more.

attachment.php

Now that's some good eatin'. :p

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Begone miscreant...

...hie thee back to thy subterranean womb and your fish-fondling ways thou covetous coddler of infant piscivores.

verbal

CCA Members
Speaking of good eating and the PVAS auction here is the list for the Bake Sale:

1. Hotdog Combo (served with a bag of chips, cookies, and a beverage) - $4.00
add an extra hotdog to your combo for $1 (simply asks us to "fill'er up"...we'll know what you mean)
Hotdogs served individually $2.00 (this is the perfect boost to get you over the hump)
2. Muffins to make that morning java taste that much better
3. Homebaked Cookies (oatmeal and chocolate chip) gently prepared to warm your heart
4. Yellow Cake with Chocolate icing (soft, moist, and melt in your mouth)
5. Carrot Cake with Creme Cheese icing (pure decadence here)
6. Brownies that'll satisfy any sweet tooth (not sure if nuts will be used as topping)
7. Strawberry Shortcake made on the spot (you don't want to miss these)
8. Pistacio Pudding Pie slices served on a graham cracker crust, topped with marshmello whip, and garnished with a fresh strawberry (this is a must have)
9. Banana Cream Pudding Pie slices served on a graham cracker crust, topped with marshmello whip, and garnished with fresh banana's (this will bring tears to your eyes)
10. Lemon Pound Cake slices cut so thick you'll need a fork to eat it
11. Donuts Donuts Donuts (a donut lovers dream come true)
12. Canoli Pastries (better come early as these will be in limited supply)
13. Bagals with Creme Cheese (you won't go wrong here)
14. Peach Cobbler (this is as close to Heaven a person can get without actually dying)
15. Pineapple Upside Down Cake (warning, eating this may cause a permanent smile)
16. Spice Cake w/o icing (why ruin perfection with icing?)
17. Ice cold Beverages to include Sodas, Bottled Water, Milk
18. Endless flowing Coffee that'll keep you alert when that special auction item comes up

MAV75

Members
The PVAS auction is a good one, that's how I got back into the hobby and also how I found out about CCA. Someone saw me with several Tanganyikans and asked me if I had heard of CCA and the rest as they say is history.

F8LBITE

Members
I think I'm going to make this auction too. I'm mainly looking for rainbows and plants for my tank at work.

Enkay

Members
Jose, talking of plants, the amazon swordlings are growing well. They should be ready in a couple weeks if you would want them.

George

CCA Charter Member and person in charge of the we
I think I'm going to make this auction too. I'm mainly looking for rainbows and plants for my tank at work.
You just be there my friend. I have your plants. Monster swords, lots of Anubias, lots of Jave fern, crypt spiralis, lots of val, other cryprs, rotala and I think that might be it except for the water sprite.

I do have pictures of the Apistos. The bristlenoses are variegated dwarfs. There will be juvies and a breeding group. I do not have pictures of them.

George