• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

What did you get at the catfish convention auction?

Wish I could have been there to pick up some plants! Chris -- I'm willing to take some of that water lettuce off your hands.

oh, yes, that's right, jesse, not BN. I do love them. I had to capture and relocate their spotted BN tank companion as he did not take to his new roommates. I dumped him in the ruby red tank where he immedately started sparring with the resident green dragon BN, so he then got grabbed again and unceremoniously dumped into the mbuna tank by himself. Serves him right! :D

mchambers

Former CCA member
Kudos to everyone involved with the convention, particularly the PVAS folks. The entire thing was amazingly well done (at least the parts I attended -- about half of the events), with the auction being completely over the top good.

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Just got home from the auction. Boy, am I tired. :p

Nah, stayed until there were about 75 lots (of the 950) left. Couldn't keep my eyes open anymore and started to get worried about having 15 of my most treasured fish in styros for too long.

Ended up scoring:

Also got some really slick L262s (http://www.planetcatfish.com/catelog/species.php?species_id=1631) on Friday night, some juvenile sword tails and some more L66 for myself and L333 for O'Shea.

Thanks again PVAS!

verbal

CCA Members
2 gold nuggets(room sales)
2 L129s(room sales)
6 small syno petricola(room sales)
Rainbow cichlid pair - trade with Holly

Auction -
2 Zebra Otos
5 small demasoni
12 blue shrimp

2 paintings
driftwood log

chriscoli

Administrator
Chris -- I'm willing to take some of that water lettuce off your hands.

If any makes it I'll try to bring some to the next meeting for you. When I opened the bag to share some with Sam, it smelled funny. By the next day when I got around to dealing with the plants....it was starting to get a little slimy. ick.

chris_todd

Members
If any makes it I'll try to bring some to the next meeting for you. When I opened the bag to share some with Sam, it smelled funny. By the next day when I got around to dealing with the plants....it was starting to get a little slimy. ick.

Chris, don't sweat it, water lettuce is a weed. You'll soon have more than you ever wanted...

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

I won't be at the next meeting, alas, but if you have some to share maybe Tony will pick some up on my behalf . . .

Killing duckweed does take special talent.:eek:

JLW

CCA Members
the threadfin rainbows were the coolest things I saw that I didn't try and buy.

Those were the threadfins from the outside display tank by the door -- there were three bags of them, one with three pairs, one with four pairs, and one with two males ( I think, I don't remember, I could barely remember my name at that point ). They were also donations from Segrest Farms. If you got them, be sure to send Segrest a thank you! :)