• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

PVAS Spring Auction - this Sunday

verbal

CCA Members
Sunday April 3rd, 2016

Bidding starts 10:30 am

Address:
Green Acres School
4401 Sideburn Road
Fairfax, Virginia 22030

Details here:
http://pvas.com/auctions.php

Facebook event here(be sure to add any friends who might be interested):
facebook.com/events/194618130917375

If you want to sell or check out auction listings link to the auction on MGA(MyGroupAuctions) are here:

Add(both members and non-members) can sell.

One note on the seller rules - dry goods must have a fixed price(use the minimum bid field), it is optional for live goods. Minimum bids are not used other than for a fixed price.
http://mygroupauctions.com/auction-items.aspx?id=187

Auction preview:
http://mygroupauctions.com/preview-auction.aspx?id=187

lkelly

Members
I'm totally going to be doing some of that keying lot numbers into the software then scrolling down the page a little bit to show the picture if there is one!

Frank Cowherd

Global Moderators
Staff member
So if you can only be at the auction a short while and see something in the fish corral you want, there is a app for that.

Go to the cashier, where you'd go to check out, and ask for a BUMP UP sticker for $2. You can buy as many BUMP UP stickers as you want. Then place the BUMP UP sticker on the bag you want, hand it to a corral workers, and it will be auctioned right away, like the next item auctioned.

verbal

CCA Members
So if you can only be at the auction a short while and see something in the fish corral you want, there is a app for that.

Go to the cashier, where you'd go to check out, and ask for a BUMP UP sticker for $2. You can buy as many BUMP UP stickers as you want. Then place the BUMP UP sticker on the bag you want, hand it to a corral workers, and it will be auctioned right away, like the next item auctioned.

There also is a fixed price/tag sale that will run from 10:30 to 2:00 pm. You register for a number and a ticket will be written up just like the auction and added to the tab you pay at the end.

All dry goods will be listed at a fixed price - including a number of tanks that will generally be even cheaper than $1/gallon.

verbal

CCA Members
So what are CCA members planning on selling in the auction?

I have seen that Matt Chambers and Frank Cowherd have listed items.

dogofwar

CCA Members
Unfortunately going to be out of town this weekend..but if you haven't been to a PVAS auction, you're in for a treat. Go check it out :)

Matt

zendog

I was thinking of putting in some fish, but can't stay all day. Does anyone know if there is an option to receive the money for the items at the next pvas meeting or do you need to stay until the end for payment? Either way I'll definitely go. A very fun event.

verbal

CCA Members
I was thinking of putting in some fish, but can't stay all day. Does anyone know if there is an option to receive the money for the items at the next pvas meeting or do you need to stay until the end for payment? Either way I'll definitely go. A very fun event.

For the big PVAS auctions(all day events or convention) - checks are sent to sellers within 2 weeks of the auction.

Frank Cowherd

Global Moderators
Staff member
There is no need to stay to get your money from your auction sales. It actually takes about a week or two to get your check to you in the mail. All checks are mailed out after the treasurer has finished his accounting of the event. He has to make sure the runners' chits are applied to the right seller and such and resolve issues. It has been done for years so there is a process that is pretty well known.

If you buy stuff, fish, plants or equipment, you must pay before you leave the auction. PVAS accepts CC and cash and maybe this year also PayPal, not real sure about PayPal however, but ask the registrar or cashier if interested.

verbal

CCA Members
This auction will have a live fish raffle with a South American Theme. It will include angels, catfish and discus from Discus Hans.