• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Guess Those Eggs!!!!

cyradis4

Members
Not really..... I don't think you can!!!!

These are eggs laid by one of my young, newly formed pair of Angels. They aren't parent raising yet (last spawn made it to the wiggler stage) but this spawn is being pulled because we need to move the tank so parents and eggs get separated.

I'll try to get a pic of the parents tomorow, after they are moved.

Suset,%20Blue%20Blushing%20pair%20eggs%2012%2013%202007%20mod.jpg

Amanda.

DeeCee

Members
Nice size batch of eggs Amanda! Congrats!

I know you said the eggs are getting seperated from the parents this time; are you going to try to hatch them out?

DC

marge618

CCA member
Nice size batch of eggs Amanda! Congrats!

I know you said the eggs are getting seperated from the parents this time; are you going to try to hatch them out?

DC[/b]

Is that a piece of PC tubing.. that the eggs are layed on? I thought angels needed flat slate... There sure are alot of eggs there!

cyradis4

Members
Yes, we are going to hatch the eggs out. I for one can't wait to see what they produce!!!!! A very interesting young pair.

Yes, that is PVC. My Angels have actually NEVER spawned on slate. Not once!!!!! And I'm into the 4th generation with some of my lines. They PREFER a Philadendrum (sp?) leaf, but they will spawn on a PVC pipe, a flower pot, the intake tube for the filter, the heater, the walls...... Just about anything!!!!! That PVC is only about 1 1/4 inches in diameter, I believe. I would really prefer a 3 incher..... But that was what I had.....

Later!
Amanda.

cyradis4

Members
Ok, I THOUGHT of posting a pic of the free swimmers. Then I tried to get a good pic of the free swimmers. The problem is, the tank is a 16 H, the fish are small, and I'm still learning all the stuff my camera can do... So no good pics. But I did get a decent video!!!! Only problem is, when I tried to convince my website to upload it so it plays instead of downloading, it said "Scew you!" So I had to find another way...

I finally broke down and put it on YouTube. So here it is!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Til300v2Agw

Enjoy! (I hope.... it kinda got compressed. If anyone who knows webpages can send me some code so I can play my .avi file on my webpage, I'd really appreciate it....)

Later!
Amanda.

marge618

CCA member
Amanda! This is GREAT! Your youtube video is alive with swimmers. There are soooo many of them! What % survival rate do you expect?

Ok, I THOUGHT of posting a pic of the free swimmers. Then I tried to get a good pic of the free swimmers. The problem is, the tank is a 16 H, the fish are small, and I'm still learning all the stuff my camera can do... So no good pics. But I did get a decent video!!!! Only problem is, when I tried to convince my website to upload it so it plays instead of downloading, it said "Scew you!" So I had to find another way...

I finally broke down and put it on YouTube. So here it is!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Til300v2Agw

Enjoy! (I hope.... it kinda got compressed. If anyone who knows webpages can send me some code so I can play my .avi file on my webpage, I'd really appreciate it....)

Later!
Amanda.[/b]

cyradis4

Members
For survival rate, it hasn't been anywhere near what was expected. They hatched out small and early (the tank temp was a little higher then I thought it was) and a lot of them were too small to eat the decapsulated brine shrimp eggs, and I didn't hatchout Baby brine shrimp and I lost my microworm culture a few months ago.

But the parents are (so far) parent raising the next batch. They are at the wigglers with eyes stage, I expect them to go free swimming in the next two days or so, maybe sooner. This is the farthest this pair has made it parent raising, hopefully they take it all the way to a week free swimming, which is my preferred time to separate Angel parents and their babies. Still trying to get decent pics of the parents. But I don't want to disturb them, and when you get close they charge you.

Later!
Amanda.