• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

"Dirt" Tank

I just finished planting my first mineralized top soil tank. I topped it off with some SMS.

So far, it is planted with Cryptocoryne nurii, Lobelia cardinalis, and Pogostemon helferi. I need to plant some thin leafed stem plant in the background, especially the big rock. I also need to add CO2 to the tank ASAP.

Arlene

IMG_20140704_212224.jpg

KRUCIAN KING

Members
I am working on one too, hope to have it up and running in the coming weeks. I may post a tank journal, just mineralizing the soil at the moment.

b considine

a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude
Big fan of mineralized topsoil. My 65 is capped with the late lamented black Colorquartz T grade.

Blaise

clearsky5

CCA Members
Looking good Arlene:
I have my soil all done, but haven't decided which tank to try it on first....
what gravel media did you use??
thanks
david

mchambers

Former CCA member
Splain this to me

Big fan of mineralized topsoil. My 65 is capped with the late lamented black Colorquartz T grade.

Blaise
Doesn't the Colorquartz sink into the soil? I've never really believed capping a plant substrate will work, unless the capping material is coarser.

b considine

a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude
Doesn't the Colorquartz sink into the soil? I've never really believed capping a plant substrate will work, unless the capping material is coarser.

My "hills" have gradually leveled off. But if you're wondering if I now have a layer of mud and colorquartz, no. And I've had this tank up and running since 2008.

Blaise