• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

planning a double stack 125

spazmattik

Members
Title is a little misleading because really I just want a 125 with a 75 under it ;)

So there's all kinds of threads coming up when I search but a lot of it is not really what I am looking for. I was thinking of using this basic method ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUwpLulBVxU )

BUT, for the base and the legs I want to use 2x8s. The only part I am concerned about is supporting the length. Would a 2x8 in the center of the back be enough support ? maybe 2 off set?

Jmty

Members
If you use some middle support for the 2x8 should be fine I did notch my 2x6 and used 3 horizontal supporting the 96" length of my rack welcome to come and check and we can talk about that wood that I will not use any longer,dirt cheap.got lag bolts in there so disassembling will be a breeze.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

spazmattik

Members
If you use some middle support for the 2x8 should be fine I did notch my 2x6 and used 3 horizontal supporting the 96" length of my rack welcome to come and check and we can talk about that wood that I will not use any longer,dirt cheap.got lag bolts in there so disassembling will be a breeze.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Thanks Jose. I might have to come check that out if I get time soon. PM me your number just in case, I dont think I have it anymore since I upgraded my phone

Hawkman2000

Members
I made of few drawings of double, triple, and quad stacks. If you build the frame at an angle, you can put a center brace in the middle behind the lower tank. This will also make access to the lower tank easier.

I will try to scan some of my drawings and upload them.

blkmjk

Members
Matt you need to stop by my house. I have a 220 sitting over a 125 fully open I used 2x4 for vertical supports tripled up. And 2x6 laying flat for the long sides with 3/4 ply on top and a 2x6 support spanning the front. I will snap some pictures and upload them tonight if I have time.

Drew

blkmjk

Members
I get home around 2 but typically I'm taking the kids to tkd around then. Shoot me a text when your leaving work one day and we can try to meet on the fly.

Drew

red texas

Members
So these r my double stack, a120 on top,a 40 breeder on the bottom,or can throw a 75,and 2 75s,got the idea from mr Mann,except I use 2/4s,he uses 2/6s,very simple,

image.jpg