• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Shark's teeth in an aquarium?

mchambers

Former CCA member
I have a large jar full of fossilized shark's teeth collected by my late mother off the beach in Jacksonville Beach, Florida. I was thinking that a few of the larger teeth might look good scattered about the bottom of one of my aquariums.

I'm worried, however, that they might change the water chemistry. It seems to me that they probably wouldn't. From what I can tell, these teeth are fossilized – they are black in color. Moreover, they were found on the beach, where they were exposed to water daily. If they were to erode, they would have done so already.

In case you're wondering, I would only pick out the teeth that are not particularly sharp. Most of them are not very sharp.

Reactions?

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
I think they'd look cool and don't really see any issues with adding them, Matt.

There was a thread (here I think) where someone had added a full non-fossilized shark's jaws/teeth to their tank and it rotted. The fossilized teeth should be fine though.