• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Advice on Compatability

Daltharang

Members
Hello everyone,
Recently acquired a 150 gallon long and looking into stocking it now. Just wanted to see if i could get some guidance on a couple things.

1. Is the tank big enough
2. Are they for the most part compatible ( I know a lot depends on the temperament of the fish themselves though)

There is currently 1 Oscar around 4 inches or so in the tank and 9 silver dollars. I would like to add 1 each of Synspilum, electric blue acara, gold sevrum, thorichthys ellioti, cryptoheros sajica, and finally either a blue or green phantom pleco.

As far as filtration i have a large sponge filter, cascade 1500, and rena xp3. Does this sound like it could work? Also if it is something that would work, does anyone happen to have any of these fish available?

Last edited:

DBLN8

Members
IMO no, based on the adult size of these fish you will be overstocked and under filtered. Again IMO.

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
what about taking out the 3 smaller ones? sajica, acara, and ellioti?

I'm pretty new to big Centrals, but tried keeping T. ellioti with bigger, meaner stuff and they all got aced very quickly.

Daltharang

Members
Would you consider the filtration and size of tank enough for just the oscar, sevrum, synspillum, pleco and silver dollars? Or Still pushing it with the size that they get? If all else fails i also have a 75 gaollon running with 4 giant danios in it, i planned to use that for a lone EBJD though.

blkmjk

Members
If your stuck on a Oscar you will need to reduce the rest of the stock considerably. But 4-6 SDs should be ok and a severum or two along with some plecos and with your current filters. If you added a capable canister you could do a couple more sevs or some angels or other SA fish. Just my 2 cents

Drew