• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Possible rare find at AM3

TMSB805

Members
I picked up 3 pikes from Batfish during AM only because i was curious as to what they actually were. After talking with some crenicichla "experts" over at MFK they've been 99.999% positively id'd as crenicichla cincta. Apparently they're hard to come by. I haven't kept any pikes in over 10 years but i'm going to give these guys a shot. Currently have them in a 75 with 6 Andinoacara Latifrons.

They go from this

image.jpg

To this (Jeff Rapps photo)

cincta8.jpg

image.jpg

cincta8.jpg

npbarca

Members
I remember looking at those. Glad someone found out what they were (and glad I didnt bite the bullet and assume they were a dwarf pike)!!!

rich_one

Members
Wow! Nice pick up! How big do they get?

-Rich

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

TMSB805

Members
They say they get up to 18"+.

Josh if you have more or can get more in let me know and i'll send the guys from MFK your way.

blkmjk

Members
I should have known that you grabbed them! I was gonna snag them myself. Went back and they were gone. Nice pickup.

Drew

JLW

CCA Members
They came in as "Dwarf Green Pike," and after looking at them, it was pretty clear that, while two out of three ain't bad, they were not dwarf! I got in touch with the wholesaler trying to figure out where they came from, and found out that they had three more.... Once they're out of quarantine, I"ll put them on the list.