• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

P. Taeniatus "Moliwe" Grazing

mchambers

Former CCA member
I moved my remaining Moliwe juveniles (they must be the equivalent of teenagers at this point) into a 29 gallon tank last Sunday. The tank has lots of wood, some plants, and a ton of mulm. I thought about siphoning the mulm out, but remembered that Pelvicachromis likes to pick through detritus for food, so left it in. You can even see (at about 1:25 of the video) one of the fish grazing on the bottom of a sword leaf, I assume eating algae. (I haven't fed this tank since Sunday, so they are working hard to find food.)

[YT]Mecjm8eV83k[/YT]

mchambers

Former CCA member
I guess. I've got the video set to Public, so folks should be able to see it. Maybe someone else will let us know if it works for them.

ErnieG

Members
I have juvenile moliwe in my 55 gallon dirted tank, these guys survived from eggs until now. They were raised in the tank with other community fish so they are fine.