• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Dan's 300 gallon starfire stingray tank

festaedan

potamotrygon fan
Hey guys
I cannot explain how excited I am for this monster tank to be finally within reach. All of the saving, breeding, and snow shoveling has payed off, my dream tank is here!
The tank is an aqueon 300 wide
Its 6' long, 28" high, and a crazy 3' wide!
Today was the first time I've ever seen one of these tanks in person and its so much larger in person than I could have ever expected.
Unfortunately, for scheduling reasons, I cant get the 300 into my house until next sunday, so until then it'll just sit in the lfs, making me more and more excited.
Apperrently its the biggest tank they have ever had in their store for the entire 45+ years they've been open. I have some serious bragging rights now .
Anyway, here is the tank, all boxed up:
300gallon 8:03:15 bucket comparison.jpg

300gallon 8:03:15 1.jpg
And here is the equally huge stand, like the tank, still in its box

300gallonstand 8:03:15.jpg

Thanks

300gallon 8:03:15 bucket comparison.jpg

300gallon 8:03:15 1.jpg

300gallonstand 8:03:15.jpg

Last edited:

Thai

Members
Word of advice! I had the same tank, make sure your sump is low enough for you to have easy access and working room, the stands are way too short for this tank as is!
Other than that congrats!!!

festaedan

potamotrygon fan
Congrats.
Thanks!
Congrats! Please post pics of the whole process!
Thanks, I defenitely will!
Good golly miss molly that sounds like beast.
Congrats

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Thanks!
Congrats!!!!!

Thanks!
Congrats! Looking forward to more pics.
Thanks, I posted some better pics below
Word of advice! I had the same tank, make sure your sump is low enough for you to have easy access and working room, the stands are way too short for this tank as is!
Other than that congrats!!!
Thanks! I did all the measurments and I should have a foot or so of room under it. I agree, the stand is a little short for the tank but if it was an inch taller, It couldnt fit through my door!
Thanks!

I was extremely excited to see that it was starfire glass (I could've sworn I ordered the regular glass). Its even clearer than the acrylic sump I ordered!
Here are some clearer pics of the boxed up tank and stand:

300gallonboxgoodpic 1.jpg

300gallonboxgoodpic 2.jpg

300gallonstandinbox.jpg

I wish i took some pics of me standing near it so you can see the scale, watching Chris (congressional employee) help me measure it and walk through what it came with made it look so much bigger. If any of you guys go to congressional in the next week and a half, you'll know what im talking about.

Thanks for reading

300gallonboxgoodpic 1.jpg

300gallonboxgoodpic 2.jpg

300gallonstandinbox.jpg

creepyoldguy

Members
I had one if these tanks right after marineland came out with it. Congrats. You'll love it and the glass is amazing

Sent from my SM-N910P using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zackcrack00

Members
Sorry, Dan! I just saw this thread!

This is great! I'm so happy you finally were able to get this monster! Good luck with the set-up and please don't forget to post pics of the entire process. :)

festaedan

potamotrygon fan
The floor was succesfully reinforced, so the 300 is going upstairs!
Me and a few carpenter friends (really just them, i just helped bring the lumber down to the basement and measure stuff) reinforced the floor were the 300 and the 120 are going. If all goes as planned the tank will be here before 1:00 tomorrow.
Here are some pics of the reinforcement. I wish I took progress pics while we were building it but as long as I can have my monsters upstairs, I'm happy.
reinforcment 300 gallon 8:13:15 .jpg

reinforcement 120 8:13:15.jpg
Congratulations, Dan! Very very awesome indeed. :)
Thanks Tony!
awesome dude! cant wait to see pics of the set up
Thanks! I cant wait to set it up, only 4 hours away!
That will be an awesome set up :)

Looking forward to photos ;)

Thanks man! I'll be periodically taking pics during the move

reinforcment 300 gallon 8:13:15 .jpg

reinforcement 120 8:13:15.jpg

festaedan

potamotrygon fan
The tank is less than 3 hours away and fase 1 of the move is already complete!

I drained the 120 down to where even the rays were partly emerged. I was orifgionally going to but them in a little 5 gallon bucket but as you can see from the picture below, it was an awful idea.
rayandbassinbucket 8:14:25 300 move.jpg

Instead, i used the sterolite tub I use to hold the food for my guinea pig. After a good rinse, it was ready to be filled with the remaining tank water.
rays and bass in tub top view 8:14:25 300 move.jpg
rays in tub side view 8:14:25 300 move.jpg
bass in tub side view 8:14:25 300 move.jpg

Here is the 120, all drained and covered in algae.
empty 120 2 8:14:25 300 move.jpg
empty 120 1 8:14:25 300 move.jpg

Thanks for reading

rayandbassinbucket 8:14:25 300 move.jpg

empty 120 2 8:14:25 300 move.jpg

empty 120 1 8:14:25 300 move.jpg

rays and bass in tub top view 8:14:25 300 move.jpg

rays in tub side view 8:14:25 300 move.jpg

bass in tub side view 8:14:25 300 move.jpg