• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

My planted tank

Jt731

Members
So after my picture I decided to toss up the pics of the tank I have my whiptail cat in.

This is my second planted tank, the first being the WOW THAT IS A COOL PLANT let me put it somewhere. I have a 40 breeder for a true aquascape design

The tank is a low tech substrate (inch+ of miracle grow organic potting mix with inch+ sand) with high light and co2 injection. I add zero ferts to this and my maintenance is keeping the growth in check and scraping algae. I do occasional water changes to get the extra detrious out of the denser plant growth but never due to my water parameters

For the start I went with a dry start.....and by dry start I mean I screwed up and kept too much water in the substrate. The cover was kept on and humidity in the tank stayed above 90 percent. I started in August and flooded in Oct due to mostly being impatient.

Couple of "dry start" pictures
QDf6c9n.jpg

6Em53s0.jpg

Fw3LIzA.jpg

CO2 Tank
OYqnX3L.jpg

Barr Venturi reactor for making sure the co2 gets 100% mixed into water
2W6mWh1.jpg

Dry start continuing
ICndkIw.jpg

October Flood (you can tell from the water being brownish from turbidity)
PVg0tXf.jpg

Today
J4LJ2a2.jpg

One of the pair of German Rams I got from Yunite rams
UrYDuY0.jpg

FishEggs

Very nicely done.
I need to do cO2 injection.
Have you had any trouble with bba with using the miracle grow?

halak

Members
You are in the wrong club! :lol: The club you want is called GWAPA.
Nice job on the planted tanks.

Jt731

Members
since my snail colonies finally established along with the whiptail cats and some Siamese algae eaters the bba still is there but nothing too horrible

Now the gsa and gda, that's a pain in my ***. But I haven't raised my lights on that tank yet