• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Frankenstorm!!!!!!!!!!

CichlidOWNR

Members
Learned from the Derecho storm. I now have a marine deep cycle battery, power inverter at the ready to keep my filters going. The dyi battery backup setup has been tested and is ready to go.

It is nice insurance if the power goes out. Good luck to all and their fishes during this storm.

What do we do about temperatures in our tanks, BTW? I'm pretty set with battery-powered air stones and two powerpacks, which I can use to periodically run the filters. But it's going to be in the 50s soon. Wrapping in blankets? In the interim, I'm bumped up the temps in all my tanks.

mchambers

Former CCA member
Look at Frank's page. He recommends heating water and putting it in some sort of container, then floating it in your tank.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
The trip into work this morning was pretty nice. There's no traffic when everyone else is staying home. Hopefully things don't get bad before I can get home this afternoon.

Prince

The ONE who is The ONE
The trip into work this morning was pretty nice. There's no traffic when everyone else is staying home. Hopefully things don't get bad before I can get home this afternoon.

Good my trip back to HOT should be fast. I want another Delhezi. I live in a new development. SOMD learned from the toes do the destroyed LaPlata. I got underground power lines.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Sitting at work with no Internet. Pouring rain. Opened door at 730 and 2 cars waiting. One for oil change. The other was "seeing some oil drips on driveway". Lol. Driving through standing water to get here and when we put in the air and show him that its washed off.... His reply? "What do you mean you can't see it ". "I get a dime size spot every day". "I'll take it somewhere where they can fix it".
Lol.

YSS

Members
Teleworking today and tomorrow or as long as I have power at home. So far so good, but the bad things will come later today.

Oh, yes, Matt, am essential, but managing the NRC crisis communication from my home, with my dogs, who are refusing to go outside to pee

sandy1.jpg

mchambers

Former CCA member
Dogs

Oh, yes, Matt, am essential, but managing the NRC crisis communication from my home, with my dogs, who are refusing to go outside to pee
I expect they are waiting, holding it, until they really need to go, when the winds are gusting to 60 mph!

bschuhart

Members
well, let's see...we can replace the oil plug washer, oil pan gastket, valve cover gasket, new engine and if that doesn't work just put some oil dry on your driveway and sweep it up. lol

Sitting at work with no Internet. Pouring rain. Opened door at 730 and 2 cars waiting. One for oil change. The other was "seeing some oil drips on driveway". Lol. Driving through standing water to get here and when we put in the air and show him that its washed off.... His reply? "What do you mean you can't see it ". "I get a dime size spot every day". "I'll take it somewhere where they can fix it".
Lol.