• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Geophagus aqua scape?

Acpape0

Members
Ok so I my geophagus alitfrons are due in on Wednesday. They are going in my 125 with the arowana. So the question is how can I make them feel at home via aqua scaping I currently have Pfs substrate with some smooth river rocks and one larger center piece rock... So what should I add? Some driftwood? Some low light plants? If so which ones? Or will current scape suffice? I do have limitations tho, I need the upper water column open for arowana , and not sharp edges for when arowana spooks, and my lighting can get any stronger than what it currently is.
Any suggestions?

The photo is from when I added sand and before the water settled and before fish but it shows the basic aquascape
ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1405979759.218490.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1405979759.218490.jpg

Thai

Members
Wood and more rocks,
Here's my 125 hardscape before implanted it, it would have made a good geotank before plants

Last edited:

festaedan

potamotrygon fan
my geo tank has lots of plants. I also have slate, driftwood, and coconut caves for the plecos to hide in.

Acpape0

Members
I found about a 5 'piece of drift wood in one of the streams (fresh h20)that I flyfish. Took it home and scrubbed it down. It has been in the kiddie pool for about a week now. How much longer should I let it soak?

bigfish81

Members
If you can get hot water in the pool I would let it leach with the hot water. I found that is a good way to clean and not have your water turn colors. It's worked every time for me, and only needed a day to soak