• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

2011 September meeting pics

mscichlid

Founder
Just a few pics of the meeting. I like our new space. It feels so good not to have to take out the trash or vaccum the floor. No more having to deal with phone calls on the Monday after the meeting. Yipee!

There are a few kinks we have to work out, but we will.

We're going to put long tables up front for the auction.
John's going to get a clip on or headset mic for the speakers.
We have to get the facility people to understand when to turn the lights up and down.
For those of us who smoke, have to get used to walking down to the street to light up.

Thanks to everyone who came early to help set up. The food crew did a fine job with the refreshments. Thank you Bill for auctioning. You guys rock!

_DSC6738.jpg

_DSC6737.jpg

_DSC6739.jpg

_DSC6735.jpg

_DSC6734.jpg

_DSC6748.jpg

_DSC6743.jpg

Last edited:

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Good pics Francine. Thanks for sharing.

I agree that the new meeting place fits our needs pretty well. There was plenty of space and it is as easy to get to as Saddlebrook. Thanks again to you and Matt for securing the location.

Jon

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Yes, I agree that the place was great. The sound was a little hard but like Francine said, thats being looked into.

The kids seemed to like it too. LOL
We will have to stop them from climbing on the rails in the back, I would think.
I saw at least 3 kids get hurt. Minor only, but still it could lead to something worse.

Thank you Francine and Matt and thanks to all that attended.

mchambers

Former CCA member
I thought Spencer Jack was a very good speaker, great sense of humor. I'm not very interested in fish from Uruguay, but he made it quite interesting.

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
Yes, I agree that the place was great. The sound was a little hard but like Francine said, thats being looked into.

The kids seemed to like it too. LOL
We will have to stop them from climbing on the rails in the back, I would think.
I saw at least 3 kids get hurt. Minor only, but still it could lead to something worse.

Thank you Francine and Matt and thanks to all that attended.
YES I AGREE I HAD TO TELL MY SON HE COULDNT CLIMB UP THERE TO PLAY. DIDNT WANNA SPEND MY SATURDAY IN A ER. ;)

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
My oldest son always tried to out do me.....
He had broken bone at an earlier age.
He got suspended at an earlier age.
He got stitches at an earlier age.

I wished I had Nipped it. LOL

rsretep

Members
Excellent meeting!!!!!Thank you Spencer for an informative and very entertaining talk on the gymnogeophagus and also thank you to Matt and Francine for finding another great place for us to get together and be fish geeks...

YSS

Members
Yea, the new meeting place looks real nice. I hope to make to the October meeting with my kids.

marge618

CCA member
The new meeting place worked out real well. More room for everything. I especially like the separate area for auction items. When there were many people looking at items on the sale display tables it never felt crowded. How about all that parking!
Thanks Frannie and Matt. You found us an even better location!