• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

DIY in sump water polisher

Acpape0

Members
So I was noticing my sump was missing some of the "finer" debris in my 125. I am on vacation this week so I decided to spend some time messing around with a way to improve it.....
Mag 18 pump to a 4" sch 40 PVC pipe.. Filled with course medium and finer filter media ... Down to a tee fro the out put... Only used rubber ends to test the design and it will work until I upgrade the sump, I did tee off inside of each end of pipe also. Doesn't leak but even if it did I was not worried about it because it for use inside of the sump ... Cleaning prefiltered water. I wasn't planning on using quite that strong of a pump but I picked it up on clearance... I will eventually change end chaos to PVC with one end being a clean out but this is how it will stay until I upgrade.View attachment 12191View attachment 12192ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1409753620.172044.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1409753620.172044.jpg