• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Central&south american cichlid setup? PLEASE HELP!!!?

howardrick

i need to setup a tank for central american cichlids. ive only kept south american which need bogwood and driftwood, and from what i hear the central americans need higher pH and therefore i cannot have bogwood in the aquarium. does that mean i need caves instead?
i am keeping jack dempseys, jaguars, and midas. any help with aquascaping would be helpful!
and what is the difference between central and south american setup?

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
NO PROBLEM TO DO AT ALL AND IF YOU WANT I WOULD BE HAPPY TO HELP YOU. I KEEP SA\CA AS WELL. WHAT SIZE TANK DO YOU HAVE ? HOW DO YOU WANT IT TO LOOK? PM ME YOUR NUMBER AND WE CAN DISCUSS WHAT YOU CAN DO.

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
There are some species of CA and some SA that prefer cooler temps and higher Ph. Most dempseys, jags and midas are farmed and can take a wide range of temp and Ph. As for decor, the same aquascape you had for SAs will be fine for CAs. I use driftwood of various types in all of my CA/SA tanks without issue.