• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Wanted Two To Four 40 Gal Breeder Tanks

G

Ok, I talked to the boss, we are looking at between 5 and 10 if you are interested in selling that many, but would like to know the dimensions of the tanks before I can give a final number.

tgrogan

Members
FYI, The comment above from the Guest, is me. I must have logged out and forgot to log back in before making the next post.

At any rate, presuming that the footprint for the tanks is 36x18, I think I can swing 10. This will really jump start my efforts to start breeding. B)

tgrogan

Members
Great deal on the tanks, much appreciated. Right now they are all stack up next to the trailer, I must say, they tank up alot more room in real life than they do on paper :eek:

For the neighbors' sake, I will be building some racks to put them in a spare room. Thanks again!

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Your tanks are multiplying as quickly as your fish.
Your gaining on me.
I ordered a new tank on Saturday.

mscichlid

Founder
Originally posted by tgrogan@Jan 23 2006, 11:13 AM
Great deal on the tanks, much appreciated. Right now they are all stack up next to the trailer, I must say, they tank up alot more room in real life than they do on paper :eek:

For the neighbors' sake, I will be building some racks to put them in a spare room. Thanks again!
:mellow: You're putting all those tanks in a trailer?! Mobile homes are sturdier than I thought.

tgrogan

Members
Originally posted by mscichlid@Jan 23 2006, 04:44 PM
:mellow: You're putting all those tanks in a trailer?!  Mobile homes are sturdier than I thought.
Well.....an inch of water in each one is enough isn't it? :unsure:

I suppose I must confess that not ALL of the tanks will be in production for now.

I am planning for 4 or 5, and currently calculating the safe limit for the "home". Unfortunately my mobile home is only designed for a 20lb psf live load, easily half that of normal residential construction. Luckily, this is based on a 2x8 joist, 24" apart running 16'.

All I have to do is determine where to add additional support under the floor to effectively reduce the span.

Another good thing is that I can span the weight across four joists, which reduces the total load carried by each joist. Ok, Ok, I am starting to get into mumbo jumbo here, so suffice to say that I have some engineering to do. :)