• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

BBA DISASTER

Hawkman2000

Members
I have 15g tank that is overun with bba, and I am wondering how to transfer the fish without transferimg the bba.

Any ideas?

Huh? Fish transfer bba? I wouldn't do anything to the fish. I'd put them in a new tank and double dose with excel as a preventative for a few days and not worry about it . . .

Hawkman2000

Members
Lots of good advice. Definatly going to bleach the tank.

What dosage of hodrogen peroxide would be safe for a few kribs and a clown pleco.

Hawkman2000

Members
Moved 7 kribs and 1 clown pleco into a five gallon tank that had been running for a week. Everythimg was fine for about 6 hours. Then within 30 minutes, all of the kribs anus's turned red, and all died withon 10 minutes. Pleco is fine. No clue what happened.

dogofwar

CCA Members
Did you use some kind of aerosol around the tank or dip your hand in the tank after touching some chemicals. Death in 30 minutes is usually a result of some kind of poisoning and/or toxic levels of ammonia in the water....

Matt

five gallons is very small. Did you test the water? Were they gasping? Lack of oxygen?

In any event, very sorry. that seriously sucks