• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

ECC Auction Fall '11 - Who's Going?

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
As the title says.... the biggest, hugest, most utterly ridiculous, off-the-chain cihclid auction on the east coast (and perhaps the western world?) is next Sunday.

Besides Christine, Michael and Jim in my car,
Who's coming with me?

14.jpg

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
YES I AGREE WITH JON /MATT A BIT FAR TO GO FOR SOMETHING YOUR NOT SURE WILL BE THERE. YES ID LOVE TO SEE A LIST TOO. HOWEVER TO THEIR CREDIT THEY DID HAVE A NICE TURN OUT OF NEW WORLD LAST YEAR. THIS MAY OR MAY NOT BE THE SAME THIS YEAR.

dogofwar

CCA Members
Given the matrimonial clearance I'd be there in a minute...

What's better than a day of drinking beer, eating cheese steaks and hanging out with a bunch of fish dudes...even if I don't buy much...(not that that would happen)...

All I can say is that Tony is livin' the dream. :rolleyes:

Matt

YES I AGREE WITH JON /MATT A BIT FAR TO GO FOR SOMETHING YOUR NOT SURE WILL BE THERE. YES ID LOVE TO SEE A LIST TOO. HOWEVER TO THEIR CREDIT THEY DID HAVE A NICE TURN OUT OF NEW WORLD LAST YEAR. THIS MAY OR MAY NOT BE THE SAME THIS YEAR.

longstocking

Members
The list will start on Monday... and continue to grow through the week :)

6a00d8341bf9ae53ef0133f160ca17970b-800wi

For those of you donating or selling... get your pre-reg's in so the list can be comprehensive.

Last edited:

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
Given the matrimonial clearance I'd be there in a minute...

What's better than a day of drinking beer, eating cheese steaks and hanging out with a bunch of fish dudes...even if I don't buy much...(not that that would happen)...

All I can say is that Tony is livin' the dream. :rolleyes:

Matt
ILL PASS THE FISH FOR NFL FOOTBALL HANDS DOWN EVERYTIME MATT. WAY MORE FUN AND EXCITEMENT.NOT TO MENTION I DONT LIKE WINDOW SHOPPING IT SERVES ME NO PURPOSE.;)

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
I like me some Sunday NFL, but to be honest, DQ.... a day up at the ECC auction crushes any football I've ever seen.

Right Michael?

longstocking

Members
I don't know about this location... but at the other one they had football in the bar on! So, you get the best of both worlds!

If you have a smart phone... you could watch the game at the auction :lol:

mrkillie

Members
TO THEIR CREDIT THEY DID HAVE A NICE TURN OUT OF NEW WORLD LAST YEAR. THIS MAY OR MAY NOT BE THE SAME THIS YEAR.

The Benevolent Dictator of the ECC does a good job of getting stuff in that's been requested, and there has been a bit of new world stuff requested. I have faith in him!

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
I like me some Sunday NFL, but to be honest, DQ.... a day up at the ECC auction crushes any football I've ever seen.

Right Michael?
TO ME SORRY THEY ARE NOT EVEN ON THE SAME FIELD. HAVENT SEEN A FISH YET THAT WILL MAKE ME JUMP UP AND SCREAM LIKE I DO FOR FOOTBALL. :p
@ SARAH IF I DRIVE 2HRS TO WATCH FOOTBALL ON MY PHONE I NEED TO BE SLAPPED :wacko:. WHEN I CAN WATCH IT ON A BIG SCREEN AND NOT GO BLIND LOL :D.

mrkillie

Members
ILL PASS THE FISH FOR NFL FOOTBALL HANDS DOWN EVERYTIME MATT. WAY MORE FUN AND EXCITEMENT.NOT TO MENTION I DONT LIKE WINDOW SHOPPING IT SERVES ME NO PURPOSE.;)

You can record a football game, can't record the auction. You can get NFL football on 20 weekends, about 50 days or so, every year; you can only get an ECC auction 2 days each year. If you aren't having fun at the auction, you're not doing it right; as for fun watching NFL football, it really depends on how well your team is doing, so it's iffy.

And besides, what's better than watching the day's game while your fish are acclimating in your tanks? ;)

DiscusnAfricans

Past President

Right Michael?
I've always had a blast at the auction. This year I can even heckle Bill while the Redskins beat up on the Dolphins. I'm hoping there will be TVs at the new location, but I'm going to set the game to record just in case. As others have said, football can be recorded and will be around for another 10 weeks. I've been waiting almost 6 months for the next ECC auction.

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
BY THE TIME YOU GET HOME IVE HEARD SOMEONE SAY SOMEWHERE THE SCORE OR WHO WON. ITS LIKE WATCHING THE FIGHT ON HBO A WEEK AFTER PAY PER VIEW...NO FUN.
ILL TAKE LIVE FOOTBALL THANK YOU.
CLEARLY FOOTBALL MEANS MORE TO ME THEN FISH DO. SURELY YOU CAN UNDERSTAND THIS. I LOOK FORWARD TO GETTING OUT OF CHURCH GRABBING SOME FOOD AND WATCHING THE GAMES. SINCE THEY CAME OUT WITH THE NFL PKG IT IS JUST A PERFECT SUNDAY W/ FRIENDS OR FAMILY.
I DO HOPE YOU GUYS HAVE FUN.