• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Hug your dog tonight

F8LBITE

Members
:sad0121:

I had to put my 10 year old Boxer down tonight. The vet found a mass on her liver about 3 weeks ago. We brought her home and gave her lots of love and lots of treats. She stopped eating on Monday and was very weak and couldnt control her body anymore. I get upset when I lose fish so you can imagine what im going through right now. She was my first dog and such a good girl she practically trained herself. I dont normally make posts like this but I thought you guys would understand. RIP lazy Daisy.

ladaisia.jpg

Condolences for sure Jose. I know what you are going through. I had to make that decision a few years back for my sheltie Jesse.

You have to weigh the quality of life the pet has with the illness and know that it is not going to get better. It's a tough call to make, but it's the most humane one.

Daisy is probably wearing a doggy angel wig and looking down and thanking you.;)

Cartel

Members
Sorry about your lose. Loosing a dog has been one of the hardest things for me. I feel like wimp telling people but they really arnt just a "dog" they really are family. When I moved here 6 months ago about a month later my rat terrier named snoopy ran away. He was the coolest dog I ever had. I literally never did anything to house train him he learned it all on his own. At night he would jumo of the couch and go into his crate to sleep. He would never touch annyyyything when I wasnt home. He was really playful too. It sucks just remembering about it! Ill never get over it since I feel that it was my fault. Hundreds of fliers later, after having my neighbor (pg county police) drive me around for houuuurs searching, talking to anyone i saw going house to house. No one ever saw him. But anyways....you did what was best and im sorry

maddog10

Members
Some times the tough decisions are the ones that need to be made. You did the right thing. I know it is tough. They definitely are more than just a pet. Sorry about Lazy Daisy.

cmcpart0422

Members
I have been there before and I am sorry for your loss. Its best to just remember the good times you had with her.

lonlangione

Members
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. [/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. Her bright eyes are intent. Her eager body quivers. Suddenly she begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, her legs carrying her faster and faster. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together.... [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]I'm sorry for your loss.[/FONT]

Lonny

mscichlid

Founder
I'm so sorry Jose. Losing a friend is oh so very hard. Be thankful that you got a chance to be with her all her life. Much love and cherish the memories.

With deeply heartfelt condolences, Francine.

F8LBITE

Members
thanks guys! Its going to be a while before I get another dog, dont know if I can go through that again.

Same Difficult Situation

We just went throught the same thing with our dog badger...15 yrs old. He went on hunger strike last friday and was diagnosed with renal failure (kidneys) on monday (3-3) - we tried to flush out the kidneys (IV & meds) but the rest of his body was shutting down & this was on top of severe arthritis and he also had a cancer. We had to make the same decision (it was hard but we don't doubt it was the right one) and we lost our companion, our friend & integral part of our family for 15 yrs....he will forever be missed.
So know that you are not alone - our heartfelt condolences to you and your family.
Dov

Julie

Members
I'm so sorry for your losses, both of you.

Been there...

Done that.

Did it again because the alternative... of not having a dog.. is just not to be borne.