• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Aquamania booty

Ha, bet you were expecting a different type of pics! Saw lots of posts all over about what people scored at AM2. Figured I'd start a thread for everyone's bounty from the BFD. I expanded my jalo reef colony with a pair of fresh blood. First two were taken shortly after I got home, last two were after he settled and began to overthrow the current government in the tank. Last one also has a half the LDA33 I got at the auction. I had a blast and enjoyed putting some faces to the names I have learned. Great job guys, superbly done. Thanks to all who made it possible.

Sent from my SCH-S960L using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

uploadfromtaptalk1393812541912.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1393812553906.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1393812570149.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1393812579710.jpg

Localzoo

Board of Directors
Yep i got 5 hongi
Tons of fry from you ruby reds, Taiwan reef, sunshine and the two adults
Sword tails from frank
And third place in aquarium beautiful (we should not have put our tank next to Tony's)

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

jonclark96

Past CCA President
I ended up bringing home way more than I anticipated:

- A Lake Nic citrenellum, Rio Tempique siquia and citrenellum, and silver dollars from Jeff Rapps
- A group of Rio Chacamax Thorichthys Passiones donated by Rusty
- A pair of Electric Blue Rams from Frank
- A group of hemichromis from Christine

Those silver dollars in the auction went for way less than I thought. That was a good buy.

chriscoli

Administrator
I Finlly got everything unpacked and into quarantine.....I brought home WAY more than I thought I would, but there were some really amazing opportunities to pick up some rare and unusual fish.

I'll list out what I picked up tomorrow as well as what current groups I'm hoping to move out to make room for the new.

zackcrack00

Members
I picked up:
Crystal Red Shrimp
2 clown Plecos
Blue Velvet Shrimp
Nerite Snails
Micro Crabs
Angelfish Pair
Pelvicachromis Taeniatus Moliwe Pair
A VERY nice pair of cellophane Bettas
A nice group of Panda Corydoras (my favorite Cory!)
Guppies
6 Red Marble Longfin ancistrus
Very Rare pair of endangered Mexican livebearers
Corydoras Hasbrosus
Cardinal Tetras
A nice white crayfish
Plants (Java moss and fern)

And I think that's it! Thanks!

festaedan

potamotrygon fan
I got allot
4 wild amphilophus labiatus
1 blue line pim cat
about 75 endlers
1 erythrinus sp. peru (peru wolf fish)
1 bahia red tail oscar
6 eel tail banjo cats
7 amphilophus amarillo
and some plants

dogofwar

CCA Members
My haul:

- Group of Pelmatochromis buttokoferi (West Africans) - donation from Tom Gilooly!
- 2 pairs of Chracodon lateralis (Red Jelly-bean-ish goodeid from Mexico) - CARES
- 5 wild Costa Rican A. siquia from Jeff Rapps
- 4 wild Peru A. rivulatus (Green Terrors) from The Wet Spot Group Buy
- Group of A. coatepeque cons donated by Christine
- Pair + extra female F1 A. sp. "Honduran Red Point" from Zach (Ken Davis's line)
- A leftover baby Honduran P. managuensis donated by Dan of Cichlids of the Americas
- A group of good-sized wild-morph (green) Petenia splendida (Snooks) donated by Dan of Cichlids of the Americas

There were simply some too-good-to-pass-up deals at the Sayurday Night Rare Fish Auction...and the Marketplace (Swap Meet).

It will be interesting to see if in the future more "I don't want to see the speakers, I just want to buy stuff" folks will get wise to the game and register for the whole event (vs. just the Marketplace).

Matt

chriscoli

Administrator
Okay.....here's what I brought home....glad that Bruce hasn't really seen the list, I just told him that I wouldn't bore him with the details. ;)

From the Auction (really awesome auction, BTW):
- Sarotherodon knauerae donated by the Cichlid Club of York (you know it's a cool fish when the speakers are checking them out in the holding tanks!)
- Cryptoheros nanoluteus donated by Batfish (it's been on my want list for a while)
- Lamprologus boulongerie donated by Mike's Cichlids (I thought I was getting out of shellies, but I'm such a sucker for them)
- Platypecilus (Xiphophorus) maculatus "Rio Grijalva" pair donated by Rusty Wessel (Wild Platys. Actually, Tony and I got into a bidding war and Tony won, but then he gave them to me....such a sweetie!)
- Alfaro cultratus pair donated by Frank's Aquarium (Knife livebearers - super cool-looking fish, IMO)
- L333 donated by Frank Cowherd (this dude is huge and has a fantastic looking tail!)
- a bag of root tabs for my plants donated by Bob's Tropical Fish.

From the Rapps group order:
- one female Ptycochromis sp. Trantsy (to add to the M that I already have. CARES fish)
- Anomalochromis thomasi (as Matt C noted....he got some too)
- Steatocranus casauarius (Jeff had 3 in stock, so I got a few from WetSpot as well)

From the WetSpot group order:
- Steatocranus casauarius
- Pelvicachromis humils Friya (beautiful, HUGE Westies.....Anton said that they'll be moving out of the Pelvicachromis genus soon....I'm eagerly awaiting his paper on it to find out what their new name is!)
- group of Emperor tetras (I saw them at Becca's house and have been in love with them since!)

From the Dave's group order:
- Neochromis omnicaeruleus (I have a group from when Dave came to talk to us last year....I wanted to add a few more. CARES fish)
Melanochromis chipokae group (super aggressive Mbuna, omnivorous vs. the usual aufwuchs diet, CARES fish)
- group of Altolamprologus calvus - Zambia black

From the Marketplace:
- Paracyprichromis nigripinnis "Blue Neon" from TheDavidZoo - these are absolutely gorgeous! I put them under a run-of-the-mill LED light when I got home last night and their blue highlights lit right up....and that was right out of the bag and the fish were still stressed! I can't wait to see them today!
- I got 4M plus 1F betta from ZackCrack. When I brought them home and put them under light, they were absolutely gorgeous!
- also, I raided the GWAPA table and came home with 10 bags of plants just from them!

So....I've got a LOT of stuff to do today to get everything planted and put away!

Last edited:

dogofwar

CCA Members
I was really hoping that no one would know what the S. knauerae were and I'd get them for $3 ;) Such wasn't the case.

I was tempted to get some Paracyps as well. I've never kept them. Just way too many fish right now.

Great haul!

Matt

Okay.....here's what I brought home....glad that Bruce hasn't really seen the list, I just told him that I wouldn't bore him with the details. ;)

From the Auction (really awesome auction, BTW):
- Sarotherodon knauerae donated by the Cichlid Club of York (you know it's a cool fish when the speakers are checking them out in the holding tanks!)
- Cryptoheros nanoluteus donated by Batfish (it's been on my want list for a while)
- Lamprologus boulongerie donated by Mike's Cichlids (I thought I was getting out of shellies, but I'm such a sucker for them)
- Platypecilus (Xiphophorus) maculatus "Rio Grijalva" pair donated by Rusty Wessel (Wild Platys. Actually, Tony and I got into a bidding war and Tony won, but then he gave them to me....such a sweetie!)
- Alfaro cultratus pair donated by Frank's Aquarium (Knife livebearers - super cool-looking fish, IMO)
- L333 donated by Frank Cowherd (this dude is huge and has a fantastic looking tail!)
- a bag of root tabs for my plants donated by Bob's Tropical Fish.

From the Rapps group order:
- one female Ptycochromis sp. Trantsy (to add to the M that I already have. CARES fish)
- Anomalochromis thomasi (as Matt C noted....he got some too)
- Steatocranus casauarius (Jeff had 3 in stock, so I got a few from WetSpot as well)

From the WetSpot group order:
- Steatocranus casauarius
- Pelvicachromis humils Friya (beautiful, HUGE Westies.....Anton said that they'll be moving out of the Pelvicachromis genus soon....I'm eagerly awaiting his paper on it to find out what their new name is!)
- group of Emperor tetras (I saw them at Becca's house and have been in love with them since!)

From the Dave's group order:
- Neochromis omnicaeruleus (I have a group from when Dave came to talk to us last year....I wanted to add a few more. CARES fish)
Melanochromis chipokae group (super aggressive Mbuna, omnivorous vs. the usual aufwuchs diet, CARES fish)
- group of Altolamprologus calvus - Zambia black

From the Marketplace:
- Paracyprichromis nigripinnis "Blue Neon" from TheDavidZoo - these are absolutely gorgeous! I put them under a run-of-the-mill LED light when I got home last night and their blue highlights lit right up....and that was right out of the bag and the fish were still stressed! I can't wait to see them today!
- I got 4M plus 1F betta from ZackCrack. When I brought them home and put them under light, they were absolutely gorgeous!
- also, I raided the GWAPA table and came home with 10 bags of plants just from them!

So....I've got a LOT of stuff to do today to get everything planted and put away!

Wow Christine that is quite a list. I ended up with a lithobates, snowball, ancistrus pair and a couple jalo reef. Any more and i would've had to walk back to pa. Also stocked up on a few different types of food and wood for my monster L190 to devour. He is quite happy with the new selection.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
I bought 10.5 pound of food and some more Safe from YourFishStuff.

I picked up a few parts for some filters and some large bags from Ken's.

I got a couple small plecos to clean a little algea from Jen.

Other than that, I was a good boy(says the wife)

Jmoore

Members
I got
• Aulonocara yellow collar Nkhata Bay ( my favorite fish now)
• Aulonocara Maulana Bi-color 500
• Cynotilapia afra purple lupingu
• Bristle nose plecos

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1393873562.177659.jpg

frankoq

Members
The one fish I regret not getting: a Bi-color 500(jmoore beat me to it) or a Regal Blue (only found it in a 3-pack). I was hoping to find a Frontosa too.
Yikes, I need a bigger tank ASAP.

JasonC

Members
Was on a tight budget this weekend... got a pair of Pelvicachromis humils "freya" from the wet spot order, couple of plants from the auction, and a few odds and ends at the marketplace.

spazmattik

Members
For me, aqua mania turned into amphilophus mania...

4 Red Isletas
5 Trimacs
5 Lyonsi
8 Saggitae - I specifically chose not to get a bid card so I wouldnt be tempted to buy anything. Somehow, I still won an auction and came home with these guys. (thanks Terrell)
1 Zonatus
1 Bifa

I am done! Look for me to sell fish and upgrade tanks in the future. lol

Trey

Members
For me, aqua mania turned into amphilophus mania...

4 Red Isletas
5 Trimacs
5 Lyonsi
8 Saggitae - I specifically chose not to get a bid card so I wouldnt be tempted to buy anything. Somehow, I still won an auction and came home with these guys. (thanks Terrell)
1 Zonatus
1 Bifa

I am done! Look for me to sell fish and upgrade tanks in the future. lol

I wish I could've got a couple red islestas

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App