• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Sharing some Gorillus Blue Umbees pics

blkmjk

Members
Wow! O-TON-O Freckles! I have seen a few of these in the tank myself but I always move them out before they are that big. Awesome for sure! Keep me posted on that one.

Drew

1bigdovii

Members
Will do bro. Ive been thinking of.making an update thread for them on here. Believe it or not that one isnt even the best looking either. I have another one that looks better but is very camera shy.
You still have their parents? How are they doing?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Drew are selling any at Aquafest? Hondurans just spawned AGAIN, this may end up being the most successful breeding pair of fish I have ever owned. I dont remember if I told you or not but i picked up Hogoboomus and Black Nasty fry last 2 weeks ago hope to get a pair out of those once they grow out.

DONALDSR

Members
Here are a couple of shots from tonight. With my phone. Just dropped the divider on these two wasn't sure at first that I had a pair. No guessing required now. Check out the color difference! He is super aggressive at the moment she has two spots she can hide in at the moment. May need to cut a hole in their divider....enjoy.

Drew

Man, your fish are looking good. I just placed a order with Gage from Cichlid Connection to get some Blue Rio Mags..hopefully it won't be long before I have something close to those. Good luck.

blkmjk

Members
Will do bro. Ive been thinking of.making an update thread for them on here. Believe it or not that one isnt even the best looking either. I have another one that looks better but is very camera shy.
You still have their parents? How are they doing?

Some are very camera shy. Until they hit 6". The parents are doing great just spawned again about two weeks ago. Dad is 11" mom is 8". So I have about 500-700 growing out right now. I am happy to see those fry look better than mom and dad though. That means when I pick a stunner for myself and breed it to general line umbee fry I will be close to the ultimate blue freckled monster!

Drew are selling any at Aquafest? Hondurans just spawned AGAIN, this may end up being the most successful breeding pair of fish I have ever owned. I dont remember if I told you or not but i picked up Hogoboomus and Black Nasty fry last 2 weeks ago hope to get a pair out of those once they grow out.

Terrel,

Gorillus umbees aren't on the menu from me quite yet. I want to grow out these blue fry and continue with my blacks. In a month or so I should be able to part with some F1 Gorillus blacks just waiting for the blacks to pair off. So as soon as I have two pairs I will have 6 or so for sale. Congratulations on the hogs! I love those an think they are the best looking amphs. May need to add those to my collection eventually. Good luck with the nasties, they like it hot 83°+F and stress free. I would feed them spriluna flakes. 50% protein and 100% vegetable matter. My fry take off when I put them on that and krill. Please start a thread documenting feeding schedule and so on so others may share in your success keeping those fickle fish.

Drew

No grow outs at this time, the last bacth basically went thru a complete die off after I moved them to seperate tank. i gotta be a little more careful with this latestes when i pull then out. i definitely will let you know how its going with them though....

blkmjk

Members
Man, your fish are looking good. I just placed a order with Gage from Cichlid Connection to get some Blue Rio Mags..hopefully it won't be long before I have something close to those. Good luck.

Thank you!

Umbees grow quickly give then space and good water feed them well and the rest happens naturally.

Drew

blkmjk

Members
Couple of shots with my tablet tonight. He is probably around 12'' now. Sorry for the glare, dirty glass, I didn't make it to the photo shop class. I took lessons from Matt.

Drew

uploadfromtaptalk1386476572969.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1386476642138.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1386476696845.jpg