• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Fish pricing for AM2?

thedavidzoo

Members
This is my 2nd AM but my first time selling at the marketplace. I am having a hard time figuring out pricing for my various fish. They aren't common but kind of a niche market.
So, is there a reasonable price somewhere between rock bottom CCA members auction prices, low Dave's fish prices, and sky high pet store/vendor prices? I don't want to give them away but also don't want to take my fish back home.
What will the market support with lots of folks coming in "off the streets"?
What has worked for sellers in the past?

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Price at what you think is reasonable and don't short change yourself. I'd say below retail, but above wholesale or auction prices. Some people may want to haggle, others may just be happy to find the fish they're looking for.

Localzoo

Board of Directors
You could check Aquabid.

With or without shipping? Lol!

It's a good place to start (think if you were the buyer + be open minded about haggling or trades etc.)
What is the fish worth to you
Do you have the space, did you yourself buy something that is going to require that space etc...

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Price them where you want to sell them. Folks will want to negotiate the price regardless of what you put out there.