• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Group Buy for The Wet Spot Tropical Fish

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
The Wet Spot has generously offered to allow registered Aquamania attendees to participate in a group buy and pick up their orders at the event.

They have also offered a 7% discount on a total order of $500 or more, and 10% off an order of $750 or more. This discount also applies to their lot discounts when groups of fish are purchased.

Check out their stock at http://wetspottropicalfish.com/index.php/fish and contact sales@wetspottropicalfish.com for questions and to place your order.

Please include the subject "Purchase for CCA group buy for delivery to Aquamania" on your final order email to make it easier for them to group our sales.

Many thanks again to The Wet Spot for their generous offer!

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Remember, you must be a registered attendee in order to participate in this group buy.

(ie: you must show a badge at pickup)

halak

Members
How do we pay? Would Wet Spot bill us after the order deadline, so they know how much we owe after taking into consideration the discount and shipping?

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
What is the deadline for placing orders?
I'll contact them for details, but I'd assume the Tuesday before Aquamania to be safe.

How do we pay? Would Wet Spot bill us after the order deadline, so they know how much we owe after taking into consideration the discount and shipping?
I asked this question, and am still waiting on the answer. For now, feel free to place an order so you don't miss out on something, and the sales people should inform you if I don't have an answer by then.

halak

Members
:11doh:Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo! They sold the last 3 D. macs yesterday....

Every Friday they update their inventory, so they may get more in in the next two weeks. The new fishes are in bold on the list, by the way.

Thanks, Mike, for doing this.

Becca

Members
Every Friday they update their inventory, so they may get more in in the next two weeks. The new fishes are in bold on the list, by the way.

Thanks, Mike, for doing this.

I intend to keep looking, but the e-mail they sent me indicated they were not expecting any to be available before Aquamania. So sad.

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
I'm only coming for Sunday. I did register for that day. Is that enough to get in on the group buy?
You can participate in the group buy if you're registered for sunday, but the fish need to be picked up Saturday. They will be arriving Friday night or Saturday morning, and I will not be rebagging orders.

We are not assuming responsibility for the fish if they're not picked up promptly, and the vendor may not honor any DOA refunds if they weren't picked up promptly either.

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Ok, an update on the ordering process:

The Wet Spot will not hold fish for longer than 3 days. They also need to know our order total before they can have a final price for us. That being said, here is how the process will work:

The cutoff for all orders will be Tuesday the 25th. People can begin to submit their orders starting on Saturday. After you submit your order, send me (via PM) your name and the list of fish you ordered. I'll email the Wet Spot with our final order, and they will provide me the order total for each person. I'll send people their order totals, and payment can be made directly to the Wet Spot.

I'll update the thread once I know the shipment details, but it will likely arrive Saturday morning. Fish can be picked up during the day on Saturday up until the rare fish auction Saturday evening. Any fish not picked up by the end of Saturday night become property of CCA unless other arrangements have been made.

captmicha

Members
Can be be alerted if it comes Friday? I'll be coming Friday night to pick up other fish. Would be cool to save a trip if they arrive in time for that.

How do I put my order in to the wet spot without paying so I get billed with the group rate once its determined?

Sent from my SCH-S960L using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

See Michael's post a couple before yours for details.

That's where I got confused, how do I submit an order to wet spot without actually creating an order and paying for it? Never ordered from them but the places I have always require a cart and checkout, if you don't pay it doesn't submit your order. I don't see any pre order options on their site or a bill me later option. I may not be explaining this correctly or maybe their order process is different.

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Can be be alerted if it comes Friday? I'll be coming Friday night to pick up other fish. Would be cool to save a trip if they arrive in time for that.

I won't be picking them up Friday because I'll be heading to the event directly from work, but they might be available fairly early on Saturday.

That's where I got confused, how do I submit an order to wet spot without actually creating an order and paying for it? Never ordered from them but the places I have always require a cart and checkout, if you don't pay it doesn't submit your order. I don't see any pre order options on their site or a bill me later option. I may not be explaining this correctly or maybe their order process is different.

Because we are doing a group order, I will be submitting a final order to their sales department using the email address Jason C referenced. You can email them what you want, but they are waiting to process payments until the final order is placed so they can determine what discount is available.

If anyone else has placed an order or wants to, please PM me your order and I will respond once the Wet Spot confirms all orders. Cutoff will be mid day tomorrow.