• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

new here from CT. got a few tanks this year

W

wadman

hows it going? this is my first year keeping fish. here is my story so far. i got my first tank (a 45 gallon) a year ago from a friend. i set it up with some community fish and liked it. so i thought about getting some more.

as all ways i like to go overboard with stuff. so i picked up a 6 foot 125 gallon tank, a 4 foot 75 gallon tank, and a 55 gallon with some small holding tanks

in the 125 i have had for the last 7 months (i know they will cross breed and i will not give any away) i plan to get them in other tanks or give some away. i got them from a kid that had them all in the same tank.
6 (yellow labs) or Labidochromis caeruleus don't know the sex ranging from 1.5 - 2.5 in,
6 (orange zebra?) Metriaclima estherae don't know the sex ranging from 1.5 - 2.5 in
4 that i was told where Melanochromis cyaneorhabdos but 2 look like they could be Pseudotropheus demasoni? i don't even know yet

in the 75 i have had for the last 7 months
1 male 2 female Pundamilia nyererei the male is real cool looking
and now there is about 15 fry that have survived 1st batch is probably 3 months old 2nd and maybe 3rd probably 1.5 months old. i have to get ride of a few of the offspring. i have 3 in a 10 gallon tank right now that i was going to give to a friend of mine ones his tank is cycled.

i will up load some pics when i get a chance. thanks for looking

W

wadman

thanks. the tanks are no where near where i want them. but i will post a few. i need more hiding spots and more real rock and need to get rid of the fake plants some of the stuff is in there just so they can hide and sleep for now. i'm real busy with work till winter then i can mess with the tanks some more.

here is a 10 gallon with 3 young Pundamilia nyererei in there. i need to move them around cause i think that there is 3 males. i know it should be 1 male to 4-5 females and the tank is way to small for them too. i am cycling a 55 right now.

IMG_1049.jpg

IMG_1026.jpg

W

wadman

here are the quick pics i just snapped with my iphone, keep in mind i'm new and i have not spent a lot of time getting the rocks i want in there but for now i cut some pots and put some fake plants so they have a place to hide for now. this tank is far from done.

IMG_1082.jpg

IMG_1083.jpg

IMG_1084.jpg

IMG_1085.jpg

IMG_1086.jpg

IMG_1087.jpg

IMG_1088.jpg

IMG_1089.jpg

IMG_1090.jpg

IMG_1091.jpg

IMG_1092.jpg

IMG_1093.jpg

IMG_1096.jpg

IMG_1101.jpg

IMG_1102.jpg

IMG_1105.jpg

IMG_1104.jpg

IMG_1103.jpg

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
The tanks look great! I like how you have the 125 and 75 next to each other. I did not see any demasoni in any pics.