• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Wtb: geophagus ?

zifnab

Banned
About the same price except theirs are an inch shorter. I wonder if the guy in pitts. would match the free shipping if you are buying a bunch of them?

Acpape0

Members
No it is $42... My question is can I have these fish shipped overnight to my wife's work and have her keep the box in her airconditioned office for the rest of the day? Is it safe? The guy in Florida uses 2-3 day shipping

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Acpape0

Members
Ok so I just got off of the with Nathan from exoticfishpgh I explained the situation with having them shipped to the wife's work and he said he would still guarentee them until they got home. He is even throwing in a 6th one for free. It appears the hunt is over and fish will ship on Tuesday night and arrive Wednesday ... First time I have shipped fish I am both nervous and excited .... Fish budget is officially blown

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
Ok so I just got off of the with Nathan from exoticfishpgh I explained the situation with having them shipped to the wife's work and he said he would still guarentee them until they got home. He is even throwing in a 6th one for free. It appears the hunt is over and fish will ship on Tuesday night and arrive Wednesday ... First time I have shipped fish I am both nervous and excited .... Fish budget is officially blown

I hope all works out for you. Keep us updated as I don't know of anyone who has used this supplier before.

neut

Members
Yeah, I've been researching Imperial Tropicals a little bit. They sell on ebay and aquabid (as "Showfishing on aquabid) and get good reviews. I've looked at them because they say they have geo winemilleri, a geo I'd like to keep, but their photos are confusing between winemilleri and altifrons and I saw where someone got them and posted photos and some thought they weren't winemilleri. Just has me a little hesitant as to whether they're correctly identified.

Their altifrons is listed as altifrons tocantins, I believe, same as the exotic fish pgh fish, which should be what are now called neambi from what I've read, another geo on my list. Again, tempting, if they actually are neambi... although the photo in Pittsburgh is a nice fish, either way.

Trey

Members
I also found some a imperial tropicals with free shipping and live arrival guarentee.., does anyone have experience with these guys?

I have ordered from them twice both times I had a DOA but they sent a replacement no questions asked

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

neut

Members

He has all good feedback on Aquabid, starting in 2012. No complaints on shipping from anyone. So far I've had no problems with getting fish shipped to me, just needs to be someone who knows what they're doing. Good thing, since I'm in a rural area hours away from any good lfs. The downside is the expense... but fish delivery day is great, like opening presents.

Acpape0

Members
We will see I have high hopes. They come in on wednesday from Pittsburg. He seemed like a pretty nice fellow . It ended up coming to $170.25 for a total of 6 3" altifrons shipped overnight. A fair price IMO if they are nice specimens ... Time will tell ... Feedback to follow