• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

My Most Wanted List

Since the demise of the 220 I am going to purchase a 210 and looking at getting the 220 repaired shortly after that. Once this is complete I will be relocating some of the current stock so I have come up with a short list of what I will be looking for over the next month or so.

Herichthys Bartoni

Cichilasoma Beani

Nandopsis Islantum

Acanthicus Adonis catfish

Hmmmmm I think I forgot about them I need to look when I get home today!!!! Maybe that's a hint I got to many fish....

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Wet Spot has beani and Adonis on their list today. Istlanums seem relatively easy to get these days. Bartoni will be the tough one. You don't see them pop up on lists very often.

dogofwar

CCA Members
Mike's Cichlids carries bartoni, beani and istlanum (he's out of most right now because it's winter): http://www.floridatropicalfishdirect.com/5152/5236.html

Not sure that I'd try to mix those, even in a big tank.

Bartoni are actually pretty mild, except with each other. Brutal.

Beani are death on each other and other fish. Same with istlanum. Keeping the temps lower works to curb aggression a bit but they're still nasty fish, especially if you get a pair to spawn.

You could very easily end up with a divided pair of beani (or istlanum) in a 210!

Matt

Since the demise of the 220 I am going to purchase a 210 and looking at getting the 220 repaired shortly after that. Once this is complete I will be relocating some of the current stock so I have come up with a short list of what I will be looking for over the next month or so.

Herichthys Bartoni

Cichilasoma Beani

Nandopsis Islantum

Acanthicus Adonis catfish