• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Sick clown loaches

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions to get rid of ick? I've been using Gordon's Rid-ick for 3 days and it doesn't seem to be working.

More like 10-14 days to make sure you have killed any of the free floating. Seven days to kill what you see on the fish, the link that was posted is pretty good information, so definitely read it over

Charlutz

Members
If you want to go tech instead of med, you can get a UV sterilizer. I've not needed it for fw ich, but it worked nearly instantaneously (overnight) to clear up raging cases of saltwater ich.

Hawkman2000

Members
My JDs got ich when I transfered them to there new tank. I tried the Melafix+Pimafix combo, but that just kept them from getting worse. I then got API Tetracycline. Had to treat them for 3 weeks, but it worked. Didn't disrupt the cycle or harm my plants, but I got real tired of looking at the giant pot of coffee in the corner of the room. Just remember to remove carbon, and treat until your absolutely sure the its gone. The problem with antibiotics is you have to annihilate the bad stuff or it could become stronger and antibiotic resistant. This is why I prefer the Melfix+Pimafix route.

Good luck dude, Ich sucks.

Ben

Members
I always use quick cure and turn up the temperature. I have to do half doses because of the scaless fish.

The med you are using should work you just need to give it enough time as stated above it can take up to 2 weeks. Make sure you have the heat turned up and see what happens in the next few days.