• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

My Tanks/a Few Fish Pics

cdjunior24

Members
hey guys...this is one of my first posts up here so don't be harsh on the photo quality...i'm using a real old kodak easyshare p.o.s.

well here is the view from the backdoor of my condo into my living room

33a5c3fa.jpg

here is rounding into that first door on the left to my bedroom

e3a2eaae.jpg

and here's a head on shot of my 125 and 75 (actually for sale check the club trader!!!)

2d4e543e.jpg

bigtank11.jpg

and a few of the fish i have

my lil burundi
bf619fbb.jpg

my fave baenschi
11.jpg

my big comp (for sale 2)
comp.jpg

rhoadesii (ditto)
rhoadesii.jpg

Hey CD that Kodak can take some decent pix. These aren't all that bad, but there is a little room for improvement. ;)

You have some nice fish. I'm a Malawi hap/peacock fan myself. Keep sharing those fish pix. :)

cdjunior24

Members
thanks for all the positive comments all! i've only been into africans for about 8 months now but think i've got some pretty decent stock going...that 75 that was in my room is now sold...moved the 2 40's into my room...kinda breaks the wall up a bit...a little less cluttered/crazy-wall-of-water...you guys tell me

282e25be.jpg

75996789.jpg

also set up the gf's 37 tall out in the living room as a planted/sa tank

c86238ea.jpg

we've got 2 amazon swords and a bushy plant (forgot the name) with flora substrate and natural gravel on top...used the magnum/biowheel 60 from my old 75 to insta-cycle it so right now all we've got is 1 blue ram and a baby yellow lab that somehow found its way into the biowheels when they were floating in the 125 to keep the bacteria alive while i set everything up...i'll try to get a pic of this tank after i stock up from my store credit up at tropical fish world in gaithersburg.

cdjunior24

Members
well it's been awhile so i thought i'd throw up some fresh pics...just got my bday present to myself from ups and went to work...the biggest change was adding 2 65w actinic bulbs to the 2 6500k power compact bulbs i have on my 125.
125125tankpic.jpg

this is one w/just the actinics
125125tankpicactinic.jpg

also cleaned up the background of the tank by getting rid of the obnoxious looking heater for 2 200w stealths and a t-joint to get rid of the ugly powerhead that was running one of the biowheel 60s...it's now a part of the 2nd xp3's output just like the other one i have
a few snaps of my faves
8" venustus
115venustus.jpg

5"phenochilus
125pheno.jpg

secondly, an update on the gf's 37 tall that's in the living room...we have the 2 amazon swords, a cabomba that's grown the height of the tank and some small grassy-looking plants to fill out the bottom...current inhabitants are 3 angels (just had eggs on a leaf but they ate em), 3 rams, 5 glolights, 6 neons, 1 hatchet (was my dad's that lived through his maintenance...or lack thereof...for over a year),1 rubberlip pleco, and 1 goldnugget
12537tankpic.jpg

lemme know what you guys think!

cdjunior24

Members
well i don't know if my picture taking ability has improved so much as using the gf's new nikon p2 camera have made me look better! thanks for the comments and as for the "grassy plants", the ones in the large tank are fake me out ones from petsmart that're getting pretty old...i think fake plants age like fine wines. the smaller grassy plants in the 37, however, i really couldn't tell you. the guy told me they only grow about 3-4 in and start sprouting out shoots so i'm hoping in awhile they'll be all over the place....i'll do my best to get some closeups of the planted tank and maybe snap some pics of the other africans in my 125...and remember, if you've got pics, i'll message-board-stalk you too if you post em!