• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Pvc spray bar- Easy Works Great

Hey ya'll, woke up this morning feeling inventive. I had some extra Pvc pipe( 3/4 inch plastic tubing for plumming) laying around and decided to make a spray bar. I'm sure alot of you have done this, but if you haven't, don't be shy. Its easy effective and cheap. Just cut to desired length. Drill holes about an inch apart all the way across. Plug one end wit a cap, and fit an elbow piece on the other side. I used suction cups to hold it in place. It took about 20 minutes to complete.

Sorry I didn't take pictures while building it. I will next time!

Don't buy it build it! -MDB

20151203_105132.jpg

20151203_105048.jpg

20151203_105018.jpg

20151203_104945.jpg

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Good stuff!

Are you using this as the output from a canister filter or just running a pump in the tank for circulation?

I am using it on my output from a canister filter. So now instead of having intake and output on opposite sides I have them on the same side. With the spray bar output spraying along the surface and then a hydor circulation pump on thr opposite side flowing across the bottom back to the intake.

I thino once I sell my 50 gal tank I might even put the canister from that one one here and run 2. I was thinking it would help out once my fish get bigger and eat more.

I also like having the spray bar right at thr waters surface. It sounds like a waterfall. And realy agitates and aerates the surface. I couldn't be happier with it

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Nice.

I'm a proponent of multiple filters on my tanks. You never know when you will have a failure and its an easy fail safe. It also makes it easy to set up a new tank, as you have an instantly cycled filter ready to go!