• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

75 up and running

Vincebus

Members
After a few years of running a planted 75 community, decided it was time for a change, moved the previous inhab's to a different tank and set this one up for my cichlids. Had them in a 40 hex and they did okay, wasn't ideal but, it worked. Never really liked the Hex for much of anything, tried the community in it as well before I got the 75, just not a fan of that style tank. Tops are almost non-existent.

The 75, Single Kenyi, he's alone at the moment, had an acie in with him but, the acie was getting chased around the tank and they both looked stressed out. Moved the acie to a separate tank and they both seem to be doing much better now.

Substrate is the black diamond blasting media, supposed to be inert/okay to use with cichlids (from what I've read in a few places), really like the dark color as opposed to the lite sand color. Makes everything stand-out, especially this Kenyi. Easy to clean too, just heavy enough to not get sucked out while removing waste. 110 hob for filtration, (plan on adding additional filtration as I add inhab's) and a power head for more circulation. Funny how, I arranged the tank at the set-up but, he had other ideas. It's completely different now that he's done his own house keeping and landscaping (Got to get better suction cups for the heater!). Always scooping and moving substrate here and there until tank cleaning/water changes that is...

Really a beautiful fish and enjoying the ease of cleaning the tank without all the extra crud that comes with a planted tank. Cleaning times are cut in half, if not better.

Vincebus

Members
Some more pics of the 75... substrate was pretty flat, rocks and other pieces all sitting on the top of the substrate, he's done a great deal of moving since.

Left side view.

Front

dogofwar

CCA Members
My main suggestion would be to add more fish :)

A small number of mbuna (and especially 2...super especially if one of them is a male kenyi, bumblebee or auratus) will ceaselessly chase / kill each other in a tank, no matter how big. On the other hand, having 2-3 dozen in the same tank will disperse the aggression (although I've had dominant males of these same three species take over well-stocked tanks as well).

Matt

Forester

Members
Nice fish!

If you are interested I am going to be selling my Fluval Fx5 that is currently on my 75g. It really is a workhorse, if you have both that and the ac110 you could really stock the tank heavily.

Pm me if you're interested

Sent from my SM-N910V using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Vincebus

Members
I definitely plan on adding more fish (tank is too big for just one of these anyway), hide's/caves and filtration, I have a few things to do before I can start adding and picking up more equipment. I have a 125 gal terrarium with stand and some reptile supplies that I'm going to be selling-off or trading for the right deal. A 40 gal hex tank/stand that I'm also selling/trading to fund my hobby, looks like I have a little time to figure out what comes next... Can't wait!