• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Sluggish Adult Male Peacock!

madcobra216

Members
I have an Adult Sulfer Head & a Sunshine Peacock that has been moving real sluggishly over the last week or so. They are still eating & usually retreat & lay at the bottom of the tank.
They are not being picked on by the others & all water parameters are good.
I'm not sure if its bloating as I only feed NLS pellets.
What could possibly be the issue, please advise. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

madcobra216

Members
More than enough, if it was a lack of oxygen, they would be gasping for air at the top.

frankoq

Members
If they are sick and get worse, they will likely be attacked by other fish. At least that is what happened to one of mine. He was dead before I could isolate him. :(
So, maybe move them to a hospital tank and give them some privacy to heal and get strong again.

madcobra216

Members
Frank that all make sense, but I dont know what to treat for...hence the question

frankoq

Members
Understood. I don't have an idea of what it could be.
Could be parasites or bullying (even if you haven't seen it) . I'd still get them out of their current tank and into a hospital one.

madcobra216

Members
Thanks Frank, yes, I only use NLS, ever since I notice the sluggishness, I cut back, alternating between that & Fluval Cichlid pellets, which they love.