• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Can anyone identify this peacock ?

Rasta Fish

Members
it’s a peacock we got that part, female more likely yes
what type, is anybody guess
I would go back to the pet store you it from and ask them what peacock they were selling out of that tank
most pet store sells either sunshine peacock or Ruby red peacock they are the most common

Tooz100

Members
Thanks , the bloke in the shop is not a chain he is a sole trader so he has different fish in all the time ! He is also old so i doubt he'll remember ha ha . I think I'll just keep her in a female tank with some of the others i use for breeding. I dont want any nasty hybrids . Thanks for your help

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Acpape0

Members
Thanks , the bloke in the shop is not a chain he is a sole trader so he has different fish in all the time ! He is also old so i doubt he'll remember ha ha . I think I'll just keep her in a female tank with some of the others i use for breeding. I dont want any nasty hybrids . Thanks for your help

No such thing as a nasty hybrid

Genetically speaking a Unidentified purebred is equal to or less than a hybrid in a breeding sense

Good thing for saving the fish tho

Tooz100

Members
I think she may be a otopharynx lithobates as she has now turned more silver and has three faint blobs down her sides, also i added a male one and altho i didnt see it she has since spawned and released her fry. I have moved the fry into a small tank and they are coming along nicely , be a while before I can find out if they are hybrids or not tho.