• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Online Fish Seller Recommendations

Howie

Members
Anybody have any positive experiences with Cichlid Shack? Quinn's Fins? Live Fish Direct? Other recommendations from other sellers?

Interested obviously in quality of fish, accurate representations of sex, color, size (seems that some send smaller size than promised), packing, and ease of delivery (not really a big fan of picking up at airport and prefer door to door).

verbal

CCA Members
Dave's Fish, Mike's Cichlids and Imperial Tropicals are all good bets. Imperial and Dave's can both ship FedEx - which is much simpler for small orders.

Siklid

Members
I know Johnny (jmoore) has got some things from Cichlid Shack. I think he liked the product, but he would know better.

QuarterMiler

Members
Dave's, SEC, Valley Aquatics. 3 that I would trust for top quality and honest opinions. LFD has plenty of bad rep out there if you look for it, so I'd stay away.

frankoq

Members
SEC posts a pre-order list for fish coming from Germany. More selection there.
We just missed the deadline for the April order. it was 4/19 and the fish gets to SEC by 4/24. I hope we settle on who is ordering and what by early May.
Their site has the list of what's available from Germany.

iamzrad

Members
I did a huge group buy with Live Fish Direct about 3 years ago with members from CCA. Didn't have a single issue.