• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Hospitality/Refreshment Chair Needed - Please Volunteer!

chriscoli

Administrator
Hospitality/Refreshment Chair Needed - Please Volunteer!

We need someone (or a few people) to volunteer to handle the refreshment setup at our monthly meetings. Sammy has been doing this for several years and it's time to give her a break. This job involves the following duties:

- Starting the pre-meeting sign up thread on the forum for people to list what food they're bringing to the meeting.
- Bringing and setting up the paper goods before the meeting starts
- Gathering up the remaining paper goods after the meeting and storing them until the next meeting
- Replenishing the paper goods as they get used up (receipts get submitted to the treasurer for reimbursement).

Please let me know if you are able to help with this duty, our club depends on volunteers to keep it awesome!

chriscoli

Administrator
I've got a follow-up question for you all. Do we even want to have refreshments at the meetings anymore? What are your thoughts?

mchambers

Former CCA member
Seems like there was a discussion on this few years back, and older wiser folks remembered that the food was an important factor in attracting attendees when the club first started.

I don't eat any of the food or drink, and don't think it's necessary, but I realize my views on this are somewhat idiosyncratic, as are most of my views on life generally!

chriscoli

Administrator
So here's the dilemma....if we want food and drink someone needs to at least bring the club's cups and napkins. If we don't want snacks, then we don't need to worry about it.

I can easily make a decision but I'd rather do it based on what the club members want.

frankoq

Members
It would be nice to have something to snack on.
specially if we bring kids.

I volunteer to: - Starting the pre-meeting sign up thread on the forum for people to list what food they're bringing to the meeting.

I cannot commit to attend all meetings but when I do attend, I do commit to help with the set up.

chriscoli

Administrator
Thanks, Frank, it'd be great if you can start that thread each month!

As for bringing the paper goods...it doesn't even have to be one person. If a few people can coordinate amongst themselves and hand off the stuff to someone that's attending it'd be great.

frankoq

Members
Thanks, Frank, it'd be great if you can start that thread each month!

As for bringing the paper goods...it doesn't even have to be one person. If a few people can coordinate amongst themselves and hand off the stuff to someone that's attending it'd be great.

Glad to assist. If others do sign up, I'm willing to organize a rotation schedule so no one has to come to all meetings but someone is at each meeting to help set up/clean up.

we can take this offline via PMs or emails to discuss schedule and logistics.

chriscoli

Administrator
I just wanted to revive this thread because we still need someone (or someones) to help bring our paper and plastic goods to the monthly meetings.