• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

For Trade/Give Away - New World and Old World Cichlid Groups

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Trying to clear out some space in my tanks. I have the following fish available:

Aulonacara sp Ruby Red - 1M, 2F (I think). They have spawned for me several times. Originally from Craig's stock. Male is around 4", females a bit smaller.

S. fryeri (Blue Ahli) - 1M 3F (I think). These too have spawned for me on multiple occasions. Also from Craig's stock. Male is 5", females around 3.5". They are in the same tank as the Ruby Reds, so I have a hard time counting females from the tank.

1 large male rusty. Good breeder, just too rough on my females and he needs to go to a new home. Probably 5". My group came from Tony and Jeff Terrell. Not sure which batch this guy came from, but a pretty fish.

Rusty fry. About 1.5". There are 8 or 9 available.

Caquetia spectibilis - 3 juveniles. These guys are pretty mean and I thought I had some space for them, but want to go in a different direction. The largest is about 2". From Cichlids of the Americas.

Thorichthys meeki - reverse trio (I think). There is definitely a pair. Unsure on the sex of the third wheel. The pair breeds regularly. I've pulled fry a couple of times to grow out. They could use their own tank. Largest is 5".

Amatitlania siquia Rio Cabayo - 2 unsexed juveniles, around 2".

4 male Hemichromis lifalili (Christine will have to correct me if these are the moanda instead). Got a group of 6 from Christine. Turned out to be 5 males and a female. All around 4".

I'll take trades for any of the above. Looking for sponge filters, box filters, air line, tops for a 55. You can have any of the breeding groups if you promise to spawn them and but fry in the auction for BAP points.

I am on the fence about the letting go the following groups, but will if there are any interested parties:

Amatitlania nigrofaciatus Lake Coatepeque F1 - This is the breeding group that I have that many of you have fry from. There are 2 males, 2 females, and several F2 fry of both sexes. They are a great fish and would like them to go to someone who will keep the stock alive in the hobby. Not many of these fish out there. The fish are 4 years old and full grown. Males are 4"+, females smaller.

Amphilophus citrenellum Rio Tempisque - Wild Caught group of 4. There is at least a pair, unsure of the gender of the other two. They have spawned for me once and I am currently growing out fry. I will only move these as a group.

exCichlasoma festae - group of 4 juveniles, larges of which is 3". Biggest appears to be a female from dark blotch on dorsal fin. They are a little beat up as they are in the tank with the breeding citrenellums. They should heal up fine. I got them from Rick's in Frederick.

Amphilophus sp red isletas - Group of 4 juvies, about 3". From Spazmattic's breeding pair.

I'll add other stuff if I think of it.

Fish are available for pick up at my house in Frederick. Due to the great price on these fish, I won't deliver them anywhere except the picnic on Saturday. Most of these fish are relatively available in the hobby and look like most others, so don't expect a lot of pictures.

Send me a PM if you are interested.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Yeah, I picked them up in the auction. They are the smallest fish in the tank, so competition for food has probably inhibited their growth a bit. Good stuff, but I've got amphilophus coming out my ears and need to move some of them. Of course, by Lake Nicaragua group, my oldest and favorite of the ones I have, don't seem interested in spawning.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
PM's replied.

Rusty juvies pending.
Festea pending.
Ruby Reds and Ahli pending.
Red isletas pending.

spazmattik

Members
If no one has taken the cabayu Ill take them. I have an extra box filter to barter with but not sure what else i have to trade.. have to look

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Here's the current update

Aulonacara sp Ruby Red - Pending to Howie
S. fryeri (Blue Ahli) - Pending to Howie
1 large male rusty - Pending to Wil (?).
Rusty fry - Pending to Wil
Caquetia spectibilis - AVAILABLE
Thorichthys meeki - Pending to Frank
Amatitlania siquia Rio Cabayo - Pending to Matt
4 male Hemichromis lifalili - AVAILABLE
Amatitlania nigrofaciatus Lake Coatepeque F1 - AVAILABLE
Amphilophus citrenellum Rio Tempisque - AVAILABLE
Amphilophus sp red isletas - Available unless someone is headed to Waldorf and can deliver
Synodontis eupterus - AVAILABLE

Howie

Members
I hope to have Reed's And Rastafish's magic touch in breeding these Ahli and Ruby red groups. Both Ahli and Ruby males are absolute stunners and so the spawn should be awesome.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Bumping this back to the top.

Here's what is still available:

1 large male rusty (4"-5")
3 Caquetia spectibilis - (2.5" largest)
4 male Hemichromis lifalili (4" +/-)
Amatitlania nigrofaciatus Lake Coatepeque F1 (group of 4 F1 breeders, and 3 or 4 F2 juveniles)
Amphilophus citrenellum Rio Tempisque - Looking like they are getting ready to breed again. Largest is 7", others around 5"
Amphilophus sp red isletas - Pending to Rich if he still wants them
Synodontis eupterus (2 @ 8")

Folks, I'd really like these fish to move out to new homes. Come get them if you want them.