• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

January meeting of the CCA

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Ever wonder where all that bright color comes from in the "Daphnia cowherdi" that you see in our auctions?

Ever wonder how to get rid of the shells from those brine shrimp eggs?

Find out the answers to these and more at the next meeting of the CCA when we proudly present:
Frank Cowherd on Live Foods.
Oh man, you missed it.

Last edited:

msjinkzd

invert junkie
awesome, I am really looking forward to this. Frank, just to warn you, I have tons of questions!

Frank Cowherd

Global Moderators
Staff member
No problem on the question at the talk, ask away.

I am sure a lot of us aquarists (fish breeder experts?? ) are raising live foods and those that do all have their own methods. If you are breeding fish, you should be raising your own live foods since they are essential for some fry, at least until they get big enough to take dried foods, flake or pellets or frozen foods. And fry of all sorts grow better and faster on live foods. And besides that, if you have been trying to get a particular pair of fish to spawn, there is no better way to get them in the mood than to feed them live foods.
I will show you how I raise a variety of live foods and hopefully show you some ways to do it easily and harvest with less effort. One example is on how to revive a micro worm culture that has gotten too liquid to allow the worms to crawl up the sides.
I plan to cover paramecium, vinegar eels, micro worms, brine shrimp, grindal worms, possibly white worms, and daphnia.

That is all for now, you will have to come to the talk to hear the details. Please.

Last edited:

msjinkzd

invert junkie
are you going to be bringing any of those cultures to auction? (I am most interested in teh grindals and white worms)?